Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anatomy of a conwoman: Elizabeth Holmes and the startup company Theranos

Anatomy of a conwoman: Elizabeth Holmes and the startup company Theranos

For the TL;DR crowd: chick lied about her "revolutionary" blood testing startup that could do all blood tests via tiny drop of blood, consciously emulated Steve Jobs, and lied, lied, and lied. Fascinating read.

Vanity Fair article

#RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    For the TL;DR crowd: chick lied about her "revolutionary" blood testing startup that could do all blood tests via tiny drop of blood, consciously emulated Steve Jobs, and lied, lied, and lied. Fascinating read.

Vanity Fair article

Thanks, LL - reading this made me wonder how many more "Royal Scams" there are just like it. And, how many people have, or will - die because of the greed of people like Elizabeth Holmes.

The really, really sad part is that cult creating asshole isn't rotting in a prison cell, and that the sham company still exists.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    narcissism and group think run deep in corporations.

Great read. Classic grifter stuff. The same thing happened at a univeristy I am familiar with; the charismatic chiick with deisigner uniforms, a polished and shiny back story, and dubious/exotic creds, the extravagant claims of revolutionary change, the compartmentalization of employees to better hide lies, huge dollars being thrown down a hole—first as an investment, then as a band aid—the SMEs all starting to question things, and the subsequent aggressive reprimanding and threatening of anyone who dared defy the trademark white designer suit.

Holmes is most likely 20 for 20 in the PCL-R checklist for psychopathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    The really, really sad part is that cult creating asshole isn't rotting in a prison cell, and that the sham company still exists.
    I am also a bit sad that a man I personally admire greatly, SecDef Mattis, was a board member until quite recently. I think it is a little reminder not to slip into hero worship, and to remember that high performance in one area does not necessarily mean someone is more broadly outstanding.

Anyone else find her kind of strangely hot?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Anyone else find her kind of strangely hot?
    No. She may be easy on the eyes, but's it's a trap. Poisonous lime green tree frogs look lovely too. Notice how she has "relationships" with, say, her COO, and one of the TV anchors mentioned, etc...

These psychos always weaponize banging. Pass.

And the femi-Nazis tell us the world would be a better place, if just women were in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    And the femi-Nazis tell us the world would be a better place, if just women were in charge.
    Painting with an awful wide brush there, aren't you?

User Tag List