Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Scorpion Evo thread

Quote Originally Posted by JBhunter45 View Post
    Yes, its all personal preference. Just wanted to clarify for others you can still use irons for abs co witness.

What mount is that? maybe I missed it.
    The mount pictured is the one that came with my Primary Arms red dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Heads up, CZ-USA just got in the new black windowed magazines that CZ-UB kinda sorta low-key announced in their product catalogue last year and then never mentioned afterwards.

https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetai...d-Black-Window

$30 + S&H/tax, but SCORP25 knocks 25% off all Scorpion Evo magazines including these. I'm willing to be these are more durable than the smoke translucent ones too.

Don't really mean to double post, but I got my SBR back from Buhler Ballistics today. Very pleased with his work.

What grips are y'all using on your Evos? I've got both a Pakse Pathfinder and Yeti Switchback; I like the shape on the Pathfinder better but the texture and build quality of the Switchback is definitely more refined (and I can stuff my NFA docs into the storage cavity).

Got to shoot it a few time in the past few weeks. Did a few swaps in that time.
    First, put on an Apex grip, as I don't like the shelf on the original.
    Added a couple of QD sling swivels from Yeti.
    The trigger was super heavy, so put a HBI spring kit in it, with a bit of light stoning in the trigger group.
    Swapped out the right side safety for the Apex low profile, as it sticks into my hand while shooting (need to test this one out).

All in all, I like it!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I'm sure enjoying the one I have here.

I’m really intrigued by these, one with a Tailhook would tide me over until I retire to someplace SBR friendly in a few more years. Plus they appeal to my Bohunk bloodline.

Can I ask - what optic is that? Looks rugged as hell.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    That was a DI Optical FC1, I think. It was a loaner so I can't really give you much information about it, unfortunately.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    That was a DI Optical FC1, I think. It was a loaner so I can't really give you much information about it, unfortunately.
    Thanks!

Ok, I did it - one is on the way.

What’s the current thinking for a more upright grip? I see the Yeti Switchback, but before I drop the coin I’m wondering if there’s anything else out there other than the Paske Pathfinder. That, and the one I handled today convinced me that the right side safety needs help - there appear to be lots of choices out there for replacements. I suspect mine will end up K converted, but not immediately.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 06-21-2018 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Ok, I did it - one is on the way.

What’s the current thinking for a more upright grip? I see the Yeti Switchback, but before I drop the coin I’m wondering if there’s anything else out there other than the Paske Pathfinder. That, and the one I handled today convinced me that the right side safety needs help - there appear to be lots of choices out there for replacements. I suspect mine will end up K converted, but not immediately.
    Apex Tactical makes one as well I believe.

Ok, I see the Apex now. Kinda strange texturing, but the overall shape looks good.

User Tag List