Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Scorpion Evo thread

Paul, thanks for the trip on the 3-lug adapter, much appreciated! My Octane 9K should be out of jail soon, and I'm itching to get it mounted on my Scorpion.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Slow fire off of a rest with factory ball ammo. I know...very skeptical...but it surprised me too. I expected it to open up to 12 inch groups like my previous two adapters but it kept on keeping it tight with each trigger pull. I'm done futzing with this gun.
    Dang, I can't afford to test like that
    #RESIST

Too bad ATF lost my approved Form 4s, so I'll be waiting for the Rugged Obsidian yet longer.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 11-27-2017 at 11:27 PM.

I’ve been wanting a Carbine. Waiting for the CZ Custom version to come in stock. Don’t want to deal with SBR’ing one or running one as a pistol. I like the reliability of the Evo and price, but the MPX shoots the smoothest and seems to be the favorite USPSA PCC gun.

Only took ~14 months to get everything approved and in my hands. Fucking ATF.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Only took ~14 months to get everything approved and in my hands. Fucking ATF.

Is that the Apex safety and pistol grip? How do you like them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    Is that the Apex safety and pistol grip? How do you like them?
    It is indeed the Apex Ambi Safety Set, but the grip is actually the Yeti Wurks Switchback Grip. The safety took a little getting used to, as I have to shift my hand slightly to engage and disengage it, but it's not bad at all once I practiced a bit with it; not as great as my short-throw AR safety levers, but far better than the OEM safety, IMO. The right side safety doesn't interfere with my particular stock, though apparently it doesn't allow the OEM stock to fold properly. As for the grip, I do like it a lot better than the OEM one, too, due to the straighter rake of the grip. However, given its price, I'd probably just go with the Pakse Pathfinder Grip if I had a choice now (which wasn't out when I bought the Switchback), given that it's cheaper, has an even more vertical rake, and allows for the field stripping of the gun; the Switchback does not when installed in the most forward position, though I have not had any reason to do a field strip, anyway.

FWIW, Mike Pannone put a CZ Customs Push Button safety on his, and seemed to like it a lot; didn't have too much time to ask him why, but I'll try to ask him next time I see him.

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    I like the reliability of the Evo and price, but the MPX shoots the smoothest and seems to be the favorite USPSA PCC gun.
    FWIW, Mike Pannone noted this when I talked to him; this is due to the large bolt moving back and forth, since the Evo is a simple blowback design, which causes the gun to bounce more than the MPX.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 12-27-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    It is indeed the Apex Ambi Safety Set, but the grip is actually the Yeti Wurks Switchback Grip. The safety took a little getting used to, as I have to shift my hand slightly to engage and disengage it, but it's not bad at all once I practiced a bit with it; not as great as my short-throw AR safety levers, but far better than the OEM safety, IMO. The right side safety doesn't interfere with my particular stock, though apparently it doesn't allow the OEM stock to fold properly. As for the grip, I do like it a lot better than the OEM one, too, due to the straighter rake of the grip. However, given its price, I'd probably just go with the Pakse Pathfinder Grip if I had a choice now (which wasn't out when I bought the Switchback), given that it's cheaper, has an even more vertical rake, and allows for the field stripping of the gun; the Switchback does not when installed in the most forward position, though I have not had any reason to do a field strip, anyway.

FWIW, Mike Pannone put a CZ Customs Push Button safety on his, and seemed to like it a lot; didn't have too much time to ask him why, but I'll try to ask him next time I see him.

FWIW, Mike Pannone noted this when I talked to him; this is due to the large bolt moving back and forth, since the Evo is a simple blowback design, which causes the gun to bounce more than the MPX.
    That’s correct. The MPX really has a much more advanced design. I’m waiting until SHOT because I wouldn’t be surprised if Sig comes out with a gen 3. Although I haven’t heard any rumors so maybe not.

I have an EVO pistol with the carbine handguard with a omega 9k underneath and the Tailhook Brace.

Freaking awesome. Way quiet and tons of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by gskip View Post
    I have an EVO pistol with the carbine handguard with a omega 9k underneath and the Tailhook Brace.

Freaking awesome. Way quiet and tons of fun.
    Pics or it didn’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List