Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Scorpion Evo thread

Where did you find the Kriss foregrip Mlok?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    After SBRing my Scorpion I found I really didn’t care a whole lot for the factory stock, especially after I changed out the sights. I recently picked up a Magpul Zhukov stock on a HB Industries adapter, and am liking it much better so far. LOP is fractionally less than the CZ stock, and it folds flat to the right side. I’m not sure if it can be reliably fired when folded, at least not in the shortest position - not really a concern for me.

Attachment 93240
    I’m looking cor that foregrip for my 3+ micro. Thanks

PSA: Do not store your older generation mags loaded

PSA: Do not store your older generation mags loaded

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    So I just joined the club! Picked my green scorpion up yesterday.

In keeping with the Holiday Spirit - "Now I Have a Machine Gun! Ho! Ho! Ho!"

From reading this thread it seems that single point sling is the way to go? I'm firmly in the 2-point world so a little out of my element. Will a 2-point work? What single point is working well? V-Tac? Vickers?

I went ahead an ordered a SB Brace despite looming "non-legislative legislation" as well as the HB Industries safety delete and trigger spring kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    So I just joined the club! Picked my green scorpion up yesterday.

In keeping with the Holiday Spirit - "Now I Have a Machine Gun! Ho! Ho! Ho!"

From reading this thread it seems that single point sling is the way to go? I'm firmly in the 2-point world so a little out of my element. Will a 2-point work? What single point is working well? V-Tac? Vickers?

I went ahead an ordered a SB Brace despite looming "non-legislative legislation" as well as the HB Industries safety delete and trigger spring kit.
    I ended up going with a two point adjustable sling for my APC9 after talking about it with @HCM. I’m mostly familiar with the VTAC and VCAS slings but decided to try the Edgar Sherman Designs sling after HCM had good things to say about it. Plus the shorty PCC is much lighter than any of my ARs have been when fully kitted out so I was willing to give an thinner, non-padded sling a try. ESD was blowing out the gen 1 slings for $30-$35 so I picked one up. As far as I can tell the only difference between the 1.0 and the current generation, called the ESD sling, is that the elastic band that lets you tuck the sling in for storage has a little pull tab that makes tucking the excess in easier. It looks like a snow pattern 1.0 sling is still in stock for $35. I like it a lot so far. The pull tab is easy to find and grab onto. It functions the same way as a VTAC or VCAS: pull towards you to loosen and push away to tighten.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Question regarding the forward hand stop on the EVO3. I tend to use a "thumb forward" grip on a rifle. When handling my scorpion and dry firing (have yet to get it to the range) I am noticing that my thumb will rest along side the flash hider slightly. This has me concerned that it might be hit by gasses from the gun when fired similar to using such a grip on a revolver. Has anyone experienced this? Other than concentrate on keeping my thumb away from the muzzle any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Question regarding the forward hand stop on the EVO3. I tend to use a "thumb forward" grip on a rifle. When handling my scorpion and dry firing (have yet to get it to the range) I am noticing that my thumb will rest along side the flash hider slightly. This has me concerned that it might be hit by gasses from the gun when fired similar to using such a grip on a revolver. Has anyone experienced this? Other than concentrate on keeping my thumb away from the muzzle any other suggestions?
    Mine is a SBR, so I was able to use a substantial HK-style vertical grip and handstop combination. Before I did that, I had a MagPul handstop far enough back to protect my hands. There isn’t a lot of space on these.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I put a TLR-7 on as a handstop myself.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I put a TLR-7 on as a handstop myself.
    You know - that might completely solve my problem!

Gen 1 down to $729 some places.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasage View Post
    Gen 1 down to $729 some places.
    I saw that too (of course right after I purchased mine). Palmetto says “Clearance” along with their price so that has me wondering if CZ is going to be dropping them soon in favor of the 3+? Be a shame but I see they have already discontinued the carbine.

User Tag List