Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Scorpion Evo thread

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I’m unsure what the MPX offers for so much more money. I want one.
    Locked breech/gas operation vs blowback, AR-style controls vs not, and a (presumably) more durable metal receiver vs plastic? That said, for the price difference, you're not wrong; the Scorpion is an attractive package.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Locked breech/gas operation vs blowback, AR-style controls vs not, and a (presumably) more durable metal receiver vs plastic? That said, for the price difference, you're not wrong; the Scorpion is an attractive package.
    I’m enough of a doofus that for all the reading I’ve done on each I had no idea that their lockup systems are different. Totally makes sense. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I love my MPX but it is my biggest money pit after SBR, Suppressor, suppressor stamp, trigger, SIG folding stock, and magazines. I really like it though!

After I received my stamp I put a buffer tube and AR stock on it. I put a light on the front but I am still trying to decide about optics. The standard sites are pretty handy. The gun is accurate and reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    I personally think an MP5 clone is a better long-term investment, especially for binary fire packs (the Evo 3 has no internal mechanism to prevent an OOB discharge, which can be catastrophic on a direct-blowback gun with a polymer receiver), but the costs are going to be significantly higher for the gun itself, aftermarket parts, and magazines. Between the two, the MP5 is definitely the better gun overall, but if it's just "for fun," it's hard to make an argument against the Evo 3.
    Seeing Magpul is releasing MP5 stuff now... inching back up front. I’ll keep them both in the running until I get closer.

Saw some cops with these in Egypt last year, mostly at the airport in Luxor. Cool guns.

Bump. Currently intend to set either a pistol up or a carbine for fun and also as my wifes "rifle". She just is not confident in shooting 5.56 carbines, which I don't blame here. She is about 5' 1" and small, not easy to shoot a rifle that is just about as big as you are. So we discussed it and I would like her to have something in the house she is confident with. Scorpion seems to be what were looking for, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Bump. Currently intend to set either a pistol up or a carbine for fun and also as my wifes "rifle". She just is not confident in shooting 5.56 carbines, which I don't blame here. She is about 5' 1" and small, not easy to shoot a rifle that is just about as big as you are. So we discussed it and I would like her to have something in the house she is confident with. Scorpion seems to be what were looking for, thoughts?

I got a chance Sunday to run a 30 rd mag through a .300 Rattler (pistol), this 5.56 Bren 2s (pistol) and a 5.56 Mk18clone (pistol). Initial impression was Bren 2s was my preference among those.

It has a very interesting trigger. Like nothing I've felt. It was a double action but very light and smooth. I wouldn't be surprised if it was but 4.5 lbs but it had total travel like a DA. I'd like to get this trigger in a concealment pistol.

I believe the "Ms" will be the similar gun in the US market.

Attachment 37048
    Last edited by JHC; 04-08-2019 at 06:42 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

A friend of mine convinced me to do this:

Last edited by Default.mp3; 06-19-2019 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    A friend of mine convinced me to do this:
    I'm torn. On the one hand, it's pretty creative, it looks cool, and the companion cube with it just takes me straight back to "the cake is a lie." On the other, guns probably shouldn't look like toys, so...?

User Tag List