Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Scorpion Evo thread

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...elease-leaked/

I would be very interested if they start making Evo mags, too.
    Woah. I don't know what my first gun will be when I get back to a free state - G45 or this. I want a Scorpion even more now that Magpul is supporting it. Mags would be amazing, especially with PSA's 9mm AK that takes Scorpion mags.

Apex grip and MI rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/01/16...corpion-evo-3/

Magpul is indeed doing mags (35 rounder), mag release, and grip.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 01-16-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Vending Machine Operator

Welp. That’s gonna move the Evo from a maybe to a certainly for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    I thought I saw some of the Kenyan security forces (police?) with CZ Scorpions at the site of the recent terrorist attacks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I thought I saw some of the Kenyan security forces (police?) with CZ Scorpions at the site of the recent terrorist attacks.
    Yes, you did.

That Magpul release looks pretty cool- may have to get one for mine.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Seeing Magpul interest in it, I might reconsider the CZ as my fun “not” pistol...

It was between it, the PTR 9CT, and the SIG MPX. SIG was dropped due to a lot of negative I’ve heard with running a suppressor. The CZ fit the bill, but was worried about support in the future. Not a bad gun, but I sort of stopped hearing about it for a little bit... which definitely concerned me. Not a fan of investing into something that may be discontinued in the near future.

The PTR is pretty close to H&K... so MP5 aftermarket works. Kind of liked the MP5 styling, but I also wanted to get the Franklin Armory trigger for s***s and giggles. The H&K one will go in a housing marked for the third position, and look like I spent a lot more money on a transferable machine gun (binary would be fun enough... especially the difference in price).

But if Magpul is backing the CZ, I think you’ll see a lot more aftermarket following it (can get the trigger for it). That makes it a little more appealing, as it is a lower cost than the PTR, and 35 rounders from Magpul will definitely be cheaper than MP5 magazines. Big fan of CZ after getting my SP-01... so I’ll have to definitely look at the Scorpion when I get closer to buying one.

Be still, my beating heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Seeing Magpul interest in it, I might reconsider the CZ as my fun “not” pistol...

It was between it, the PTR 9CT, and the SIG MPX. SIG was dropped due to a lot of negative I’ve heard with running a suppressor. The CZ fit the bill, but was worried about support in the future. Not a bad gun, but I sort of stopped hearing about it for a little bit... which definitely concerned me. Not a fan of investing into something that may be discontinued in the near future.

The PTR is pretty close to H&K... so MP5 aftermarket works. Kind of liked the MP5 styling, but I also wanted to get the Franklin Armory trigger for s***s and giggles. The H&K one will go in a housing marked for the third position, and look like I spent a lot more money on a transferable machine gun (binary would be fun enough... especially the difference in price).

But if Magpul is backing the CZ, I think you’ll see a lot more aftermarket following it (can get the trigger for it). That makes it a little more appealing, as it is a lower cost than the PTR, and 35 rounders from Magpul will definitely be cheaper than MP5 magazines. Big fan of CZ after getting my SP-01... so I’ll have to definitely look at the Scorpion when I get closer to buying one.
    The Evo 3, I've noticed, has for better or worse become the new "bubba" gun. It's unique, tacticool and relatively customizable with a low barrier of entry. However, the upside to this is that parts are readily available and you can definitely make it into something that works well for you.

I personally think an MP5 clone is a better long-term investment, especially for binary fire packs (the Evo 3 has no internal mechanism to prevent an OOB discharge, which can be catastrophic on a direct-blowback gun with a polymer receiver), but the costs are going to be significantly higher for the gun itself, aftermarket parts, and magazines. Between the two, the MP5 is definitely the better gun overall, but if it's just "for fun," it's hard to make an argument against the Evo 3.

I'm personally waiting on Zenith to start importing MP5s again so they can fulfill my backorder, giving me one of each for a "high/low" mix.

User Tag List