Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Scorpion Evo thread

If anyone is missing their red Loctite, I found it in my new Scorpion. Mother of God... it took a two foot cheater the whole way.

What are people using for a low profile Scorpion case? I have a folding Tailhook on mine, and I’d like a thicker, shorter bag to hold the gun folded.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    What are people using for a low profile Scorpion case? I have a folding Tailhook on mine, and I’d like a thicker, shorter bag to hold the gun folded.
    I've got an old computer bag that fits my folding SB brace fairly well, plus mags and other goodies.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I looked in my old laptop bag ghetto with no luck, but now that I think about it most of the cases are from the days of smaller computers. I’ll start looking at newer bags designed for widescreen laptops. Thanks for the idea!

On gunbroker, there are some folks selling Rigid tool cases set up to fit Scorpions. They want $200 for them but the cases are like $40 at Home Depot, you’d just need to do your own foam.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I've been using a Vertx Gamut and my SBR fits it perfectly.

I've also got an old Targus laptop bag from my college days that's big enough to fit it. If you want it, it's yours for the cost of shipping. PM me if you're interested.

Ok, I’m officially a fan. Has anyone heard anything about the S2 version being released? I could easily see myself with both pistol sizes...

Finally got my back tuned up enough that I could get to the range with the EVO. (Steroid injections, yeah baby.)

*Very* impressed with how the gun shoots. The factory trigger blows chunks, but that’s fixable (I have a HBI spring kit on deck) and even with that I was effortlessly shooting 2” groups at 15 yards with 20 year old crap ammunition. Zero issue in 200 rounds of mixed 115 and 124g RN, and also some 115g HPs.

The Tailhook is fantastic on this thing, too.

I like mine!

CZ Scorpion EVO pistol
    In Lead We Trust 3 lug 5.3" barrel (IIRC it's 5.3")
    HBI 4.25" Micro K handguard
    Yeti Wurks Tailhook folding brace
    Right side safety delete (Apex IIRC)

Since these were taken I've pulled the EOTech and replaced it with a Burris Fastfire and added a Streamlight TLR-3. Need to track down sling mounts (or not, haven't decided yet) and maybe swap the left side safety for an Apex AK style for easier engagement. Might try one of the more vertical pistol grips to see if that helps first.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I installed the HBI trigger spring kit this morning - the trigger pack retaining screw was being a bitch and had to be drilled out, but I got it done. I did end up sacrificing the right side Apex replacement safety lever, it wasn’t coming off and had to be dremeled. It was a very tight fit when I installed it and had to be forced into place, in retrospect I should have scrapped it then and never installed it. Big improvement from the HBI spring kit.

User Tag List