Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Scorpion Evo thread

Hey everybody! I have a minor problem with my Scorpion and I’m hoping the hive mind can assist. My hand guard is moving an 1/8” in pretty much any direction. It’s enough to through off the sights and loosen up the groups when using the iron sights. When using the Red dot, it’s doesn’t affect sighting. It does make the whole gun feel flimsy and cheap.

Any ideas on how to tighten up the fit? FYI, I have never removed the barrel. I have added a new charging handle, trigger and grip.

Below are pics showing the size of the gap when pulling forward on the hand guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

No bueno. Barrel nut?

Don’t know why it double posted but sorry about that!!

Using Tapatalk

CZ Scorpion Evo thread

HeavyDuty: I have no idea how it could have came loose but from my understanding, the barrel nut and a spacer is the only thing holding the hand guard tight to the receiver. The question is, how did it get loose? I didn’t loosen it, otherwise I’d throw the special super deep well socket thingy back on and tighten it.

I contacted Sigusa through their website but haven’t heard back from them in a couple weeks. I guess I need to try them again and see what’s up.

Last edited by H&KFanNC; 06-25-2018 at 09:34 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

Thinking out loud - maybe there was molding flash on the handguard where the spacer bears against it, and that flash has gotten pounded down? Or, maybe the barrel nut is just loose - there have been a few mentions that people were lucky enough not to have any thread lock on theirs. Can you remove the muzzle device and see if the barrel nut appears loose?

I called CZ today to ask a technical question and was only on hold for a minute or two. If the barrel nut isn’t obviously loose, I’d give them a call.

Quote Originally Posted by H&KFanNC View Post
    I contacted Sigusa through their website but haven’t heard back from them in a couple weeks. I guess I need to try them again and see what’s up.
    Contacting CZ USA might yield better results.

In all seriousness, almost certainly a barrel nut issue, which is odd. I'd just call CZ directly rather than wait for an email reply; last time I did that I was put in touch with a gunsmith in within a few minutes.

I'd take the barrel nut off and make sure that the retaining washer was installed. Then, tighten it back down.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Ok. LOL at myself for the SigUSA reference.

I didn’t remove the muzzle device but stuck a screwdriver through the hand guard and found the nut loose to the touch. I ended up using 2 flat tip screwdrivers and the slots to create enough torque to tighten the nut enough to hold the hand guard tight enough to not move.

I checked online for the special wrench and found the wrench from $100 (CZ) to $20. I’m going to try CZ on the phone and see what they recommend. I really don’t want to send the rifle off for them to torque down the nut and send it back. I’m going to try to fabricate a wrench myself, first. Heck, a 21mm socket cut in half and a piece of pipe can’t be too much, right??

Using Tapatalk

HBI makes a simple wrench that retails for $12 or so. Postage is the stinker, I suspect.

His looks to be the carbine handguard, which will require the use of the long barrel nut wrench. HBI sells one as well, but it's currently out of stock. I was going to recommend NAAH Tool Works, but they're out of stock too.

Maybe check on the CZ forums or the various Evo groups on Facebook? I'm sure someone will be willing to loan one out.

User Tag List