Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta BRX1

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!

Beretta BRX1

This looks very interesting.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NKqQ2x0i4qU

Lots of cool features and appears to be fairly accurate.

Site Supporter
    Does Beretta own Sako/Tikka or are they just the US Importer for them?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Does Beretta own Sako/Tikka or are they just the US Importer for them?
    Beretta owns Sako. Sako owns Tikka.

(Or more accurately, Sako owns Tikkakoski. After Beretta bought Sako they brought back the Tikka brand.)
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    This looks very interesting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NKqQ2x0i4qU

Lots of cool features and appears to be fairly accurate.
    Beretta needs to hire a spokesman for their infomercial who speaks American so that people who are actually allowed to buy their rifle can understand him. Ain’t nobody who speaks that English allowed own rifles over there.

But yes, it’s a cool concept…assuming that Beretta doesn’t get bored with it like they did the ARX.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

That's the euro spec model that dropped a year or two back (hence the British youtuber reviewing it) and has been doing fairly well in Europe as bolt guns aren't nearly as restricted as repeaters. The BRX1 has only been available in the US in limited numbers through our Gallery locations so far, and only in that European configuration (metric threading for instance).

Keep an eye out for SHOT coverage for any US product news.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Would you look at that, it's an US market spec BRX1 with an interviewer speaking American! What are the odds?
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    I know the thumbnail is just is just the result of a couple guys brainstoming and having fun, but I would be intrested in one that takes Pmags and has iron sights.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Since this is hammer fired, wont it have a long lock time similar to an AR, making it harder to shoot well in precision applications?

Otherwise, it looks really cool. If they make a version that takes AR10 mags and it isn't plagued by the hard extraction straight pulls are known for, this could be an ideal modern bolt gun.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Since this is hammer fired, wont it have a long lock time similar to an AR, making it harder to shoot well in precision applications?

Otherwise, it looks really cool. If they make a version that takes AR10 mags and it isn't plagued by the hard extraction straight pulls are known for, this could be an ideal modern bolt gun.
    Don't have any personal experience with straight pull rifles. Was not aware of extraction issues. Will have to look into that.

I'm definitely intrigued but not ready to make any type of commitment yet. Straight pull rifle seem like a neat idea. I've heard bad reviews about the Savage version however, and while I would love a Blaser, I don't have $6,000 to $12,000 to spend on one.

User Tag List