Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Scorpion Evo thread

Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    Just when I get all the upgrades I ordered and I'm about to submit for a form 1.

Attachment 85908
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-micro-pistol/

Updated handguard and grip makes it a nicer option out the box. The new controls might also widen its appeal to folks, though since it's just a toy to me, I'm perfectly fine to stick with my old lower. Pricing is definitely creeping up though.

Site Supporter
    @Default.mp3

So is this a new model in the lineup, or is the current Scorpion being discontinued? I couldn't find the answer to that with my Google-fu. It's odd that they moved to the AR style mag release since I don't recall anyone complaining about the current one, but they didn't upgrade the safety levers that were the biggest gripe. I also read that the new mags won't work in current Scorpions. Meh, overall. I'm happy with mine.

@Default.mp3

So is this a new model in the lineup, or is the current Scorpion being discontinued? I couldn't find the answer to that with my Google-fu. It's odd that they moved to the AR style mag release since I don't recall anyone complaining about the current one, but they didn't upgrade the safety levers that were the biggest gripe. I also read that the new mags won't work in current Scorpions. Meh, overall. I'm happy with mine.
    Not sure about whether the old version will be discontinued, though they still remain on the CZ-USA website for now.

I'm not sure there's a need to upgrade the safety levers, given that they've changed the grip angle; AFAIK, most folks were fine with the OEM safety so long as they changed the grip to something with vertical.

The new mags do work with the older Scorpions; rather, it's the old mags that don't work with the new 3 Plus, since they lack to side cutout to interface with the AR-style magazine release.

@Default.mp3

Current scorpion pistol is still in the line up.

As for the safety lever I find it to work well for me when the grip is changed on the old guns and works well with the new guns. The new mags are backwards compatible and work in the current guns, old mags dont have the AR mag release cut out.
    FN America DSM
    Cajun Gun Works and Shooters World Powder shooting team member

I must be unusual - for me the stock grip angle is fine when shouldered, and the safety lever is workable (I did replace the offside one with a blank.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Bumping this in light of the expected ATF ruling on any current style brace. There are plenty of "bare tube" options for AR9s, is there anything like that for the Scorpion? The newest version of this little thing is giving me the wants...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Bumping this in light of the expected ATF ruling on any current style brace. There are plenty of "bare tube" options for AR9s, is there anything like that for the Scorpion? The newest version of this little thing is giving me the wants...
    Honestly? I’d just run it sans brace with a single point sling under tension. I was using mine that way for awhile.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    If you are talking about Pistol Buffer tubes, you can still get the threaded end caps for them. Ones from the original scorpion will fit the 3 Plus, personally if still legal I would use the new SB brace.
    FN America DSM
    Cajun Gun Works and Shooters World Powder shooting team member

What's the current consensus on the Magpul magazines for the Scorpion? Any compelling reason to go with the Scorpion 3+ over a standard Scorpion other than the change in grip and mag-release?

After SBRing my Scorpion I found I really didn’t care a whole lot for the factory stock, especially after I changed out the sights. I recently picked up a Magpul Zhukov stock on a HB Industries adapter, and am liking it much better so far. LOP is fractionally less than the CZ stock, and it folds flat to the right side. I’m not sure if it can be reliably fired when folded, at least not in the shortest position - not really a concern for me.

Name:  1D6786B7-31BA-47D3-A0F4-B2D7702F40FC.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  100.0 KB
    Ken

User Tag List