Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: CZ Scorpion Evo thread

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    A US made magazine like the Magpul would count as three parts.
    I've considered that option, but would rather have the parts as a fixed part of the gun.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve fooled around with a few different stocks on my SBRed Scorpion - the factory, a Zhukov and a ACR. I settled on the ACR, but the Zhukov was a close second. If you want one, it’s in my mental sell pile.
    I'll probably be in touch about that.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Imma think I'm going to SBR my S1 Evo3, but looks like I've got to also make it 922R compliant too. Which means I've got to swap out 6 parts. So far, I've got the Apex grip installed, so that's one.
    CZ Custom has a US made disconnector and what's marked as a "USA made factory trigger", so that would be two & three.
    Now for four & five, I'm pondering the Strike Handguard with faux suppressor. I'm wondering if the faux can would apply as muzzle device?
    Finally, I'd like to find a good folding or sliding stock that doesn't cost a fortune.
    After more ponderage & looking- the easy but spendy option would be just replacing the trigger with the Timney unit. That gets me 4 parts, with the grip & stock counting for the full count.

After more ponderage & looking- the easy but spendy option would be just replacing the trigger with the Timney unit. That gets me 4 parts, with the grip & stock counting for the full count.
    I have the CZ Customs trigger group, HBI handguard, Pakse Pathfinder grip, and Zhukov stock to get compliance without having to deal with mags. More than enough parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I have the CZ Customs trigger group, HBI handguard, Pakse Pathfinder grip, and Zhukov stock to get compliance without having to deal with mags. More than enough parts.
    One of the reasons I'm liking the idea of just dropping in the Timney unit is not having to mess around with the notoriously tight Evo barrel, or getting any number of special nut sockets.

I've considered that option, but would rather have the parts as a fixed part of the gun.
    Understood, which brings me to a question I’ve always had about 922(r). At what point is the “assembly” complete? Is it a one time thing like when you first reassemble your pistol into an SBR after your Form 1 is approved? Or is it a continuously refreshing thing like every time you put the gun back together after you break it down for cleaning, does that count as you “assembled” the rifle?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List