Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: CZ Scorpion Evo thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    That’s really tempting but I already have no shortage of 22LR understudies. I wonder if the stocks will be lower grade copies of the original or the real deal?

Frankly- I would have rather them re-release the EVO Carbine….
    It would be great if they don't simply go the Umarex understudy route and make it into a viable 22LR platform that stands on its own.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    It would be great if they don't simply go the Umarex understudy route and make it into a viable 22LR platform that stands on its own.
    Exactly! The EVO 3s design is such making a .22 version should prove extremely easy and relatively cheap.

I got the new CZ Scorpion Evo 3Plus last week. Took it to the range and zeroed the iron sights @25yds.
    Name:  IMG_7398.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  94.1 KB

It was shooting high right initially and I really had to drift waaay left on the rear peep. The irons are DAMNED nice on this thing. I was amazed at how good they were with just the pistol rest. No stock or brace.

Here’s the final volley after zeroing. The 3-5 flyers were ALL trigger related. If you zoom in on the pasters, you can see how I walked it in. 😎. (That friggin’ 9-10 lb pull really did a job on my arthritic trigger finger.) 🤷🤦🤣. Literally fatigued my finger/hand to repeatedly pull that biotch. I have a Timney CZ trigger due tomorrow. That should fix that issue. I also got the folding charger to save my knuckles sum grief. 😉
    Name:  IMG_7417.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  42.0 KB

I hope the trigger install Tut’s on the YouTubes are accurate & relevant to THIS model as most I’ve found are at least 3 years old or older.

Site Supporter
    The Magpul mags with the cut out fit the 3 and 3+ and work great if anyone needs mags.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    The Magpul mags with the cut out fit the 3 and 3+ and work great if anyone needs mags.
    The lack of backwards mag compatibility with the EVO3 is the prime reason I am looking for an old EVO carbine instead of one of the new ones.

But this is good to know that MagPul has updated their design.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    The lack of backwards mag compatibility with the EVO3 is the prime reason I am looking for an old EVO carbine instead of one of the new ones.

But this is good to know that MagPul has updated their design.
    I wish they could have figured it out to go both ways.

Timney Trigger arrived. Along with the. Manticore Arms folding charger. Wasn’t too intimidating getting them installed.
    The Timney instructions are a little confusing if you’re like me & not entirely certain what’s what in a firearm’s innards. 🤣

Anyway,.. It appears I was successful. Safety’s working as it should. Nice positive clicks when activated. The trigger is almost, not quite, but Almost, Scary light compared to the OEM. I went with the 3-3.5 lb pull weight and the reset is SHORT AF! 😳

I was planning on hitting the range with it tomorrow if everything went as planned,… Now I’m thinking I’ll take a drive over there tonight put a few rounds through it and make sure it’s working properly.

Here are a few pics just for comparison of what I took out and what I put back in 😎
    Name:  72142522053__989A0929-C903-4A74-B4AF-0105DD59751D.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  47.7 KB

Name:  IMG_7517.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  57.6 KB

Name:  IMG_7516.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  64.9 KB

-edit-
    God help me,.. Now I find myself thinking,.. Hmnnnn,.. Suppressed???? 🤣🤦😎
    Last edited by Chomps; 11-11-2023 at 06:11 PM.

CZ Upgrade Update.

The Timney trigger is awesome! Scorpion ran like a champ today.
    The new Trigger doesn’t trigger the Arthritis, So good to go. 👍🏻😎

Anyone know of a good, affordable prism optic. One that will lower 1/3 Co-Witness with the CZ’s OEM irons? Either that or one with a high enough mount that I can see thru/under to use the buis? I’m looking for an alternative to getting another RDS. Something not prone to blooming with my astigmatism. 🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    The Timney trigger is awesome! Scorpion ran like a champ today.
    The new Trigger doesn’t trigger the Arthritis, So good to go. 👍🏻😎

Anyone know of a good, affordable prism optic. One that will lower 1/3 Co-Witness with the CZ’s OEM irons? Either that or one with a high enough mount that I can see thru/under to use the buis? I’m looking for an alternative to getting another RDS. Something not prone to blooming with my astigmatism. 🤷*♂️
    You can get pretty decent prism optics from Vortex or Primary Arms, but you can't cowitness with a prism optic.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Well, I caved, couldn't pass up under $700 OTD (under $600 with the rebate). So, now, WTF is up with the irons on this spacegun? They seem well constructed, but I'm not sure what optic, if any, on what mount, will allow their use in a lower 1/3 or absolute co-witness. My go-to PCC optic (Holosun 503CU) blocks the irons completely either in the tall mount or the direct-to-rail mount.

Also, is there a source for 3+ ready magazines besides magpul? Don't mind having one long-stick (that's what she said!), but I wouldn't mind a couple of 10-rounders either, or an OEM 30-round mag.

Thanks for saving me reading through 28 pages!

Regards,

Kevin

User Tag List