Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Presidential Election.

2012 Presidential Election.

I...ummm...yeah.

This will be the second Presidential election I participate In. In 2008, I voted for Chuck Baldwin, The Constitutionalist ticket runner because A) I loathe the 2 party charade, and B) really McCain and BHO?

Compared to the what has been hacked up by the GOP so far, 2008 looked GOOD.

Now I am hardly an expert on political matters, but I am pretty sure if something, anything really, isn't changed this time next year, we are going to have some incredibly bad years ahead.

That said, and of my options, Ron Paul will get my vote. (?)

Discuss.
    Last edited by JDM; 01-04-2012 at 10:53 PM.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

I think I'm just going to walk into my polling place, poop on the floor, and wait to get arrested.

Vader 2012.

I think he actually got 3% of votes in 2008.....I may be mistaken, though.

In 2008 I voted for McCain. I personally would support him, and truly believe he would have done a good job in the best interests of America.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I'd have to go with Dr. Paul. I think he is the only one truly interested in personal freedom. I know one man can't change things just because he is President, but as a symbol, he can get people thinking in the right direction for the future. My take anyways.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    I'd have to go with Dr. Paul. I think he is the only one truly interested in personal freedom. I know one man can't change things just because he is President, but as a symbol, he can get people thinking in the right direction for the future. My take anyways.
    Agreed.
    #RESIST

I'd love to have the chance to vote for Paul. I lived in MA when Romney rolled out Obama care light. I honestly don't know how he's even a consideration on a Republican ticket.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    A) I loathe the 2 party charade
    Unfortunately, unless the way we elect officials changes on a fundamental level, we're stuck with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duverger%27s_law

This is why I'm a huge proponent of preferential voting systems like instant-runoff voting.

C] None of the above.

Start over with new candidates!
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I'm going to vote for whoever isn't Obama...just like I did last time. I thought nominating McCain was a mistake and would result in a Clinton or Obama win. I watched the Obama candidacy in horror and unfortunately he's lived up to everything I ever imagined him to be.

I'm a conservative with strong libertarian leanings on most things, and so naturally I've been less than impressed by the Republican field.

...and by "less than impressed" I mean I've found myself once a week looking to the sky and cursing the universe for making me seriously consider voting for someone like Romney.

I don't have a candidate at the moment. All of them terrify me in some way or another. Part of me wants to support Newt Gingrich out of I suppose fond memories of a time when there was a balanced budget and some actual progress in scaling back the progressive juggernaut that is crushing any hope for a reasonable future...but every time I get to that point he says something so catastrophically ridiculous that I'm reminded of Newt's tendency to be on every side of a particular issue given time and shifts in the political wind.

Things like making global warming adds with Pelosi and jumping ugly all over Paul Ryan's perfectly reasonable budget proposal make me think that Newt is one of those "conservatives" who is desperate to be liked by the beltway types that have convinced everyone they are smart...and like them Newt grandly overestimates his own intellect and ability to use the power of government to "solve" problems.

Ron Paul...well...the guy's just hopeless. Some of his domestic ideas are great ideas, but then he has to go and ruin it with a foreign policy that couldn't work in Narnia, much less the world we're facing.

Romney? Well, I supported McCain over Romney (Voted for Thompson, though) because I thought McCain would be more conservative leaning than Romney...knowing all the time that it was like hoping that you can hit the wall doing 60 mph instead of 67 mph. Naturally I'm not enthusiastic about voting for him this time around, but given the horror of the current administration and the wasteland of options on the menu, I can see Romney doing less damage to our future than Obama. Yes, that is a rather sad commentary...but nobody said life wouldn't be sad. My crystal ball is all cracked and cloudy, but I think he's probably the only realistic shot at beating Obama because so far he's not exhibited terminal levels of stupidity.

I rather liked Bachman, but I never thought she had a shot.

Once I heard Cain speak I figured he never had a realistic shot either.

I didn't really know Santorum was in the race until a few weeks ago...can't say I'm enthused about it.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 01-05-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    A) I loathe the 2 party charade
    This.
    As much as it pains me to not vote my conscious (Dr. Paul), it would pain me even more to see the current POTUS get reelected. So unfortunately I’m going to vote for whichever Republican runs against Obama. The strategy boils down to basic math. A vote for someone other than the Republican candidate is just one more vote Obama doesn’t have to worry about. It sucks but it’s the truth. Remember Ross Perot in the 92 election sucking 18.9% of the conservative popular vote away from Bush.
    "Take the message to Garcia."

User Tag List