Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: g17 mags in a g19

I've yet to try the Magpuls, but their on my to do list. A few years ago, I put Arredondo +5's on 3 of my G17 mags and haven't gotten a malf out of any of them. One of those is my reload for my G19.

PensFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I've yet to try the Magpuls, but their on my to do list. A few years ago, I put Arredondo +5's on 3 of my G17 mags and haven't gotten a malf out of any of them. One of those is my reload for my G19.
    What spring do you run in those?

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    What spring do you run in those?
    They come with their own spring, no clue on the poundage.

I have Arredondo extensions on my 19 mags that I carry as reloads in a Desantis mag packer. 15+5 and I've had zero problems in tthree years of use.

Like many here, I too belt carry OEM G17 mags for my 19's. I've had good luck with P Mags for range use, but not so much with ETS.

I ejected the mag in the photo onto some rocky ground (shooting bay for IDPA). The split is evident. The mag did still function though.
    ETS replaced the mag, but not my confidence in them. I realize anything man-made can break. But I've never had this happen with OEM Glock mags.

Just an FYI and FWIW

Jamie

Attachment 19272
    Last edited by Jamie; 08-22-2017 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I personally use OEM magazines in all of my Glocks, except for the Glock 26. I recently started using the MagPul 12 round magazine in my G26. The MagPul Glock 19 and Glock 17 size magazines might be great magazines, but I've been using the OEM 15 and 17 rd magazines for so many years, I see no reason to change at this point.
    This.

How have the MagPul 12rd done in your G26 thus far? Any malfunctions of any kind? Approximate round count through them? I just dumped a P320 Sub-Compact in favor of a G26 and was looking at the MagPul mags to get my capacity back up a little. I was also looking at the Taran Tactical 3/4 extensions but don't know how much length that adds versus just using a G19 mag. If it makes them as long as a G19 mag then I'll just carry a G19.

Can you post a pic of the 12rd MagPul magazine side by side with a std G10 mag so I can see the length difference?

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    This.

How have the MagPul 12rd done in your G26 thus far? Any malfunctions of any kind? Approximate round count through them? I just dumped a P320 Sub-Compact in favor of a G26 and was looking at the MagPul mags to get my capacity back up a little. I was also looking at the Taran Tactical 3/4 extensions but don't know how much length that adds versus just using a G19 mag. If it makes them as long as a G19 mag then I'll just carry a G19.

Can you post a pic of the 12rd MagPul magazine side by side with a std G10 mag so I can see the length difference?
    Here's a comparison of the 10, Magpul 12, Glock 12, and a G19 in a grip extension. It's not a huge difference, but it might be just enough. You'll notice that not only are the 12 round mags slightly shorter overall but they taper so the butt is much shorter than a G19. I haven't run either of the 12's much myself but I did notice the Magpuls needed some breaking in in order to get all 12 rounds in. Load as many round in as you can and let them sit a week and see if you can get top them off after that (if you couldn't get all 12 in initially). Once you can load to capacity let them sit fully loaded for a week or in between range sessions fully loaded until they're not overly difficult to load and you're not getting feeding issues due to overly stiff mag springs.

Last edited by Bigghoss; 08-23-2017 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks. Well done and fast. Do you find the MagPul to still give you a great concealment advantage over a G19 mag or even the GLOCK +2 baseplate? I always felt the GLOCK + bases not great enough advantage in concealment vs the G19 mag. I have been carrying a P320sc for the past year and felt it was perfect as far as concealment but not giving up too many rounds.

How I carry my G26 I could probably get away with a G19 mag just fine so to me the small difference between the Magpul and Glock doesn't matter to me. The Magpul mag is only $15, probably cheaper if you shop around so might as well just get one to try out. That's really the only way to know if it works for you.

User Tag List