Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: g17 mags in a g19

g17 mags in a g19

Is there any reason not to use g17 mags in a g19 unaltered (without an adapter)?
    Last edited by Flashman; 07-08-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Site Supporter
    no. They work fine without them. I have never been able to make them fail, even with putting pressure on the part of the mag that hangs down while shooting. The only thing I use the 19 mags for is the mag in the gun as it hides better concealed. The two extra mags I carry are 17 mags.

I like to carry one or two G17 mag's as reloads for my 19 and my 26. The longer mags work fine in the smaller guns without issue without any adapter. When the Magpul mags first came out for the G17 they had issues in the shorter guns but they rectified that. The OEM mags work fine.

Here's a video from the late Paul Gomez on the subject

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXohG9HfR1M

Why use a 17 mag when you can use a 21 round Magpul Magazine or 22rnd ets magazine?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

No issues at all, I do it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Why use a 17 mag when you can use a 21 round Magpul Magazine or 22rnd ets magazine?
    Because magpul has yet to build a track record of reliability that Glock OEM mags have even with there newest revisions.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I had ETS mags that failed. They sent me new springs, they failed again. They sent me new followers, they failed again. They sent me new mags, which I promptly sold.

Not worth the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    I had ETS mags that failed. They sent me new springs, they failed again. They sent me new followers, they failed again. They sent me new mags, which I promptly sold.

Not worth the hassle.
    I've had the same experience, as did a friend of mine. We both just finally tossed the mags and went back to Glock OEM.

I always carry spare G17 mags for my 19, and only use a G19 mag as the mag in my 19, as rathos noted above.

G19 mags in the gun. G17 for a reload. Why go with anything other than oem?

User Tag List