Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For the lever gun crowd, HPG now has a light mount....

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Winchester 94 in 30-30 cal mag tube diameter is 0.643".
    You just cost me $125

Thanks dude
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Hey, I'm here for ya!

I wonder if one of those, "RS MOUNTS," that are made for the AK would function in a similar capacity for half the price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    I wonder if one of those, "RS MOUNTS," that are made for the AK would function in a similar capacity for half the price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's actually what I was thinking and why I asked for diameter. I do t think the wing will fit between tube n barrel to get it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I sent a note to a guy that made his own simple mount, I'll post pics when I hear back from him.

The gap between the barrel and mag tube on lever guns is pretty tight. Both parts are grooved for clearance of any screws going between them.

I have though of trying a light mount using two of the magazine tube clamp sling mounts, and attaching a small rail or mount to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    You just cost me $125

Thanks dude
    When it arrives, please let us know if it will work with the mount turned sideways so as to have the light along side the mag tube rather than directly under it.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    When it arrives, please let us know if it will work with the mount turned sideways so as to have the light along side the mag tube rather than directly under it.
    ...and that was why I ended up having the base silver soldered to the mag tube. I am curious if this one can be turned sideways though.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    That's actually what I was thinking and why I asked for diameter. I do t think the wing will fit between tube n barrel to get it on.
    Looking at the RS mounts, the .66 one in particular, it may fit. The mag tube would have to be taken apart to get it on, which is relatively simple, so long as the sidewall of the clamp will fit between the barrel and mag tube when reassembled. The flange isnt the issue in that case, just the sidewall thickness of the clamp. This assumed installing it on the tube sideways, so the light is on the side and out of the way of slings, and easy to activate a tail switch as JLW wants.

https://rsregulate.com/product/bm-2/

Edit: I sent a note to RS asking the sidewall thickness of their .66 mount to see if it will work on the above mentioned guns. Will report back if I get further information.
    Last edited by Malamute; 07-09-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Wild west guns has a pic rail mount that goes in the same spot but is only $66.

Looks like the wild west only fits with the rail on the bottom, for those wanting a side mount, it doesnt look like it will work. Its also made for the 45-70 size mag tube.

User Tag List