Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For the lever gun crowd, HPG now has a light mount....

For the lever gun crowd, HPG now has a light mount....

Here.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

For the lever gun crowd, HPG now has a light mount....

Outfrackingstanding. I wonder if it will fit my .44 Trapper?
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-08-2017 at 08:47 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

That description leaves a bit to be desired, doesn't it? I note that it's tested with .30 cal and .30 cal is the only option in the drop down menu.

I predict that their forum is about to get a bunch of "Will this fit my XXX?" questions.

I foolishly sold my lever gun some years ago, and haven't yet correct that deficiency, otherwise I'd take a caliper to the mag tube and we could compare notes.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I really like that. I hope it will fit my .44 mag 1894...

Not 100% positive, but nearly so, that 30-30 and 44 mag magazine tubes are the same diameter. Recoil may be another issue, and may be what their tests were meant to indicate.

I had a Ruger ring base silver soldered to the side of a mag tube, it doesnt interfere with the center mounted sling, and my thumb can hit it easily in a normal firing position. The 1" ruger ring fits the older Surefire I had nicely, and when off, the base is pretty unobtrusive.

A guy on the leverguns forum made a light mount by cutting a piece if grey PVC tubing lengthwise, and attaching a weaver base or rail section to it. It snaps over the mag tube and is removable.
    Last edited by Malamute; 07-08-2017 at 10:46 PM.

What's the diameter?
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    What's the diameter?
    0.6430" diameter of mag tube on my .44 Trapper
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I have been really happy with a small bit of Weaver rail screwed to the front left side of my lever gun fore end, allowing me to quickly add and remove a small Scout light. Puts the light in a perfect place to work the tail cap with my support thumb.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Winchester 94 in 30-30 cal mag tube diameter is 0.643".

I gotta say, I'm a little disappointed. Maybe I was expecting too much back when they first announced it.

User Tag List