Thread: Mastermind Tactics AIWB holster & minimalist belt

Mastermind Tactics AIWB holster & minimalist belt

I got the mastermind tactics aiwb holster with the claw and pad for a G34. The finish and fitment is very good. I am pleased with the holster and find it to be a great value for the price. The holster rides a tad bit higher than I would like which causes it to push out a bit more due to my belly (lower riding holsters conceal better for me). The higher ride does make getting a grip on the pistol easier...so that is a plus. I did not care for the foam wedge, and found it to be a little uncomfortable as it created a funny pressure to my person.

I have used numerous belts and have mostly used a Ares belt with cobra buckle. I decided to try the Mastermind minimalist edc belt. I love it in that it is very adjustable, has a velcro piece for the end of the belt, is fairly comfortable, low price and is stiff enough to handle aiwb carry stuff without being overly stiff and hurting my back. I love the belt so much that I have been handing it over to my buddies so that they too can try it out. The belt was $30 and flat rate shipping was only $3...so it was easy for me to give it a whirl.

On another note, I am pretty sure that my order shipped within 4-5 days of placement...so another thumbs up

Wishing them continued success
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Have any pics of your setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Super J View Post
    I got the mastermind tactics aiwb holster with the claw and pad for a G34. The finish and fitment is very good. I am pleased with the holster and find it to be a great value for the price. The holster rides a tad bit higher than I would like which causes it to push out a bit more due to my belly (lower riding holsters conceal better for me). The higher ride does make getting a grip on the pistol easier...so that is a plus. I did not care for the foam wedge, and found it to be a little uncomfortable as it created a funny pressure to my person.

I have used numerous belts and have mostly used a Ares belt with cobra buckle. I decided to try the Mastermind minimalist edc belt. I love it in that it is very adjustable, has a velcro piece for the end of the belt, is fairly comfortable, low price and is stiff enough to handle aiwb carry stuff without being overly stiff and hurting my back. I love the belt so much that I have been handing it over to my buddies so that they too can try it out. The belt was $30 and flat rate shipping was only $3...so it was easy for me to give it a whirl.

On another note, I am pretty sure that my order shipped within 4-5 days of placement...so another thumbs up

Wishing them continued success
    Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences with our products, we appreciate the feedback very much.

Our holsters have undergone some changes and they now ship with two position adjustable ride height.

We have found that wedges just don’t work for some people. However if the wedge does aid in concealment and just feels weird it could be worth experimenting with the position of the wedge, that can have a big influence on comfort. The wedges also take a few days until they break in and start to conform to your body.

Thanks again for your support and well wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
    Have any pics of your setup?
    We do have some pics of our AIWB Claw Holster and Mnmlist Belts here:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-All-New-Belts

Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences with our products, we appreciate the feedback very much.

Our holsters have undergone some changes and they now ship with two position adjustable ride height.

We have found that wedges just don’t work for some people. However if the wedge does aid in concealment and just feels weird it could be worth experimenting with the position of the wedge, that can have a big influence on comfort. The wedges also take a few days until they break in and start to conform to your body.

Thanks again for your support and well wishes.

We do have some pics of our AIWB Claw Holster and Mnmlist Belts here:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-All-New-Belts
    You are so correct regarding the positioning of the wedge. Just slight moves in terms of the wedges placement on the holster made a world of difference comfort-wise. Had I known that a ride height adjustable feature was in the works, I would have waited the extra 2 weeks to place the order for the holster.

I really love the minimalist belt and have now parked my ares ranger belt.

All the best!
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Money well spent these belts and holsters are awesome. *** Buy without hesitation.
    Last edited by Street Survival; 07-17-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super J View Post
    You are so correct regarding the positioning of the wedge. Just slight moves in terms of the wedges placement on the holster made a world of difference comfort-wise. Had I known that a ride height adjustable feature was in the works, I would have waited the extra 2 weeks to place the order for the holster.

I really love the minimalist belt and have now parked my ares ranger belt.

All the best!
    We are very happy to hear that the adjustment helped get the wedge working for you. It is pretty surprising how such a small movement can change the feel of the wedge so dramatically.
    Thanks again for taking time to share your thoughts and thank you for the compliment on our belt!

Quote Originally Posted by Street Survival View Post
    Money well spent these belts and holsters are awesome. *** Buy without hesitation.
    Thank you for the kind words about our products. We are excited to hear that the gear is working to your liking!

User Tag List