Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayberry?

If you have a population of two, you have enough for a homicide.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    If you have a population of two, you have enough for a homicide.
    What are you trying to say, Cain?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The show had its moments, but it was so far detached from reality it was well into comedy. Unfortunately people (and I can only call them stupid or ignorant) believe a Mayberry effect is real.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    What are you trying to say, Cain?
    That you may not be able?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That gives me an idea...maybe instead of hanging mistletoe during the holidays, a new tradition of hanging snowflakes should be adopted, providing safe spaces for all those in need.

Disclaimer: By "snowflakes" I mean the things dropping from the clouds as opposed to the spineless souls requiring sanctuary.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    The show had its moments, but it was so far detached from reality it was well into comedy. Unfortunately people (and I can only call them stupid or ignorant) believe a Mayberry effect is real.
    The sad thing is that many cop haters do believe that it was reality, and a proper model for how a police department can and should operate. That every department across America had a total of two officers, one that went around unarmed & dispensing homespun wisdom, and the other with just one bullet in his pocket.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    The sad thing is that many cop haters do believe that it was reality, and a proper model for how a police department can and should operate. That every department across America had a total of two officers, one that went around unarmed & dispensing homespun wisdom, and the other with just one bullet in his pocket.
    How many NDs did Barney have on Mayberry anyway? Several, I think...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    How many NDs did Barney have on Mayberry anyway? Several, I think...
    Enough to have killed a few people.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    When Andy actually had to use a firearm - didn't he go for a lever action?

As far as being safe - a guy across the street strangled his wife during a divorce action a few years ago. Detectives came to talk to us. We didn't know much. About the two San Antonio police shot a few days ago. We just missed that as we went to a doctor's office two blocks away, about 15 minutes before. We might have come down the street. We came out, everything was blocked off by the SAPD. Terrible thing. A few years in an apartment complex near our nice neighborhood, a SWAT officer was on patrol looking for burglars. He came across one, got disarmed and was killed. In the nice park, where women happily jog - a quite evil person stabbed a young girl to death. I go to that park as it has the YMCA building in it. Of course, I'm - blah, blah - talk about equipment.

Ours is a low crime neighborhood according to Trulia, etc.

In the same vein, we watched To Kill A Mockingbird this weekend. The local sheriff appeared to be unarmed. And when they needed to shoot a rabid dog, he brought a rifle but had Atticus take the shot (hilariously, over Scout's objection because "He cain't shoot, Sheriff!")
    This in a town where a good portion of the local citizenry was quite willing to form an armed lynch mob, that was only stopped by Atticus and his kids.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

User Tag List