Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: J frame bugs

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Three miles? I am envious. Even though I live within a quite "safe" small city, Bellaire, Texas, it is surrounded by Houston, parts of which, to the south, southwest, west, and northwest, are trying to be Little Memphis, Little Chicago, and Little Mogadishu right now, especially one formerly-nice apartment complex that recently started renting to hard gang thug types. My J-Snub-only comfort radius would be less than a mile.
    My 642 solo comfort level has gone from everywhere, all the time, why would I ever need anything more than this and a couple of speed strips, to ... pjs. Even out running with the dog, I want more.

Three miles? I am envious. Even though I live within a quite "safe" small city, Bellaire, Texas, it is surrounded by Houston, parts of which, to the south, southwest, west, and northwest, are trying to be Little Memphis, Little Chicago, and Little Mogadishu right now, especially one formerly-nice apartment complex that recently started renting to hard gang thug types. My J-Snub-only comfort radius would be less than a mile.
    I think that it's safe to consider that parameter location dependent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It appears some of you want to live forever.
    US Navy Veteran
    1961-1965

Quote Originally Posted by Frank R View Post
    I'm not scared of dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens.

After being J-frame less for 3 years, I picked up a CEN prefix .38 only 640 yesterday afternoon.

JR1572

Site Supporter
    Call me paranoid if you like, but my J frame comfort radius stops at my front door. I reluctantly carry one solo only if any sort of belt carry is out of the question because of clothing or medical restrictions. When my back went out in the winter of '16 for six weeks and donning concert black for a music performance are my times that the five shooter serves as a primary. I would feel better with a second J or equivalent secreted somewhere. In my hands, a J is a one thug gun. Maybe two if I am lucky. Need to spend more quality range and dry fire time with both of my Smith five shooters.

My J frame is what I choose for going (to or) from the front door anywhere on our small acre plus wooded property, up and down the (unlighted) gravel road with the dog or down the 4/10 mile to the mailbox on the "main" road (if I don't choose to wear one of my three Glocks instead).

Otherwise it is relegated to being staged within our home or back up duty (for those rare occasions I might feel the need).

Anytime I drive to town or any other locale, one of the Glocks is called upon.
    Last edited by blues; 07-10-2017 at 08:36 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

For me, a J-Frame is only a range toy.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I'm not scared of dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
    Why worry? You'll soon forget.
    US Navy Veteran
    1961-1965

Quote Originally Posted by Frank R View Post
    What does this response have to do with the topic of backup guns, or snub-guns in general, or with Law Enforcement?

I do not want to live forever, but would like to have an effective say in the matter if someone were to try to take part of my allotted time from me, or harm another. Personal weapons help me to do that. Some weapons help me to do that more effectively, or at longer range, than others.

User Tag List