Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: J frame bugs

I typically stay away from moderating the LE forum.

However l'll make a special exception and say this is not general discussion and it is not lightly moderated and it's not a place to shitpost or troll.

Still rock a 442 on occasion.......Hogue grips, little orange on the front sight, Galco ankle glove when needed.

Winter time (when we have winter like conditions in Alabama) I stuff it in my jacket pocket. On duty my G42s and 43s usually fill the BUG role.

Regards.

642 on occasion here but just picked up g43 too get into the rotation

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I carry a 442 as my on-duty bug. Ankle carry when in class-B pants, and in the pocket when wearing 5.11's.
    Off duty, it's my "in the pocket while mowing or walking the dog gun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Will this work so that I can use it instinctively in vital combat against an opponent who is determined to prevent me from doing so, and who is striving to eliminate me by fair means or foul?" ~ Col. Rex Applegate

My primary is a 642.

During my 34+ year career in Patrol, Community Patrol, Plainclothes and Detective, I almost always carried some sort of J BUG either on the ankle or in a cargo pocket (bicycle patrol). I started with a 642 and moved to a 342 a while ago... I recently tried a G42 in an Ankle Glove and found it comfortable, but drawing a J BUG from the ankle just seems easier. Also, with pocket carry, I find J Frames don't print as much as the squared off G42 and G43 and again, seem easier to draw... YMMV.

The J-Smith that I absolutely loved, and now miss terribly, was a a Model 60, Lear-Siegler era, with a square grip frame and 3" bull barrel. It was one of a limited run for either Lew Horton or John Jovino, who regularly commissioned runs of 5000 or so pieces in those days. I think this was was made for Lew Horton. The square grip frame and longer barrel made this one almost as shootable as a larger-frame sixgun. When I later tried, and really liked, the SP101, it was largely because it reminded me of the limited-run Model 60 I had let get away.

User Tag List