Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obtaining Remora-like rubbery material

Question Obtaining Remora-like rubbery material

Can anyone point out a way to obtain a rubbery material like what Remora uses on their holsters? I need about a square foot of it. The first option that occurs to me are some of the materials used as shelf and drawer liners. I was hoping I could do better than that, though.

"Why not just buy a Remora holster?" -- Don't ask.

What are you trying to do? There are a few similar materials I've messed with.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Area Man View Post
    Can anyone point out a way to obtain a rubbery material like what Remora uses on their holsters? I need about a square foot of it. The first option that occurs to me are some of the materials used as shelf and drawer liners. I was hoping I could do better than that, though.

"Why not just buy a Remora holster?" -- Don't ask.
    I have experience with some of the Slip-Not fabrics, not exactly the same fabric you are looking for but it is pretty grippy. I 'm pretty sure you can get some of the Slip-Not fabrics by the yard on a few online fabric shops, they have a lot of different offerings. A lot of the specialized fabrics can be difficult to find in quantities smaller than an entire roll.

Here is a link that may be helpful: http://www.eastexproducts.com/produc...t-grip-fabrics

You may also have luck checking eBay for remnants or cut offs.

I'd like to experiment with adding a Remora-like backing to a N82 Tactical Ambassador holster. Seems simple enough, but I need the right material to start with.

Thanks for the Slip-Not link. The Slip Not Dots Black material looks an awful lot like Remora holster material: http://www.eastexproducts.com/produc...not-dots-black
    Last edited by Area Man; 07-06-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Area Man View Post
    I'd like to experiment with adding a Remora-like backing to a N82 Tactical Ambassador holster. Seems simple enough, but I need the right material to start with.

Thanks for the Slip-Not link. The Slip Not Dots Black material looks an awful lot like Remora holster material: http://www.eastexproducts.com/produc...not-dots-black
    Look up 3M 300LSE as an adhesive. Should work well with the stuff above.
    Last edited by orionz06; 07-06-2017 at 02:27 PM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Let us know how it goes, definitely interested in this project. I love my Remora's but there's just something missing...

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Let us know how it goes, definitely interested in this project. I love my Remora's but there's just something missing...
    Will do. I just ordered a 9" x 60" piece of black "bumpy" Slip-Not from Seattle Fabrics and some 12" x 12" sheets of 3M 9474LE 300LSE from Amazon.

I have a Remora IWB holster, and it's really convenient to just throw and go, but I find it gets uncomfortable to the point of pain after several hours. And when I take it off, I often have a welt where it was located. Conversely, the N82 Tactical Ambassador I have is incredibly comfortable, but it requires a belt, which I hate to wear.

Remora has a "Carbon Carry" holster, but it has no full sweat shield option, and the quality does not seem even close to that of the Ambassador (perhaps not surprising, given the price difference). So I figured I'd combine the best of both worlds. The suede backing on the Ambassador is so nice, though, I'm going to hate covering it up.

It'll be an expensive experiment, if it fails.

The company that makes the Remora sells the rubber material with a self adhesive backing. They did a few years ago anyway. I bout some to experiment with. I'd give them a call
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    The company that makes the Remora sells the rubber material with a self adhesive backing. They did a few years ago anyway. I bout some to experiment with. I'd give them a call
    I actually wanted to order a Remora Carbon Carry holster with a full sweat shield as a custom order, and called Remora over and over and over and left messages, but could not get the right person on the phone. They called me back one time, but I missed it. After that, they seemed to refuse to respond to me. I asked them via email if I could buy the material, but they seem to have stopped responding to my emails as well. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands. Thanks, though.
    Last edited by Area Man; 07-06-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    It still shows up on their site - a 3" x 50" strip.
    https://www.remoraholsterstore.com/p...on-slip-strip/

User Tag List