Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NYPD Officer Assainated in the Bronx

Site Supporter

NYPD Officer Assainated in the Bronx

Police Officer Is Shot and Killed in ‘Unprovoked Attack’ in the Bronx

Officer was sitting in the front passenger seat of a command post van when the suspect walked up and shot her. RIP Officer Familia.

A two-time convict who has voiced anger at law enforcement officers in the past shot and killed a New York City officer through a police vehicle window in the Bronx early Wednesday, in what the police commissioner called an “unprovoked attack.” The gunman was killed by other officers, the police said.

The officer, Miosotis Familia, 48, was taken to St. Barnabas Hospital, where she was pronounced dead about three hours after the shooting.

The gunman, identified by the police as Alexander Bonds, 34, was paroled in May 2013 after serving seven years in one of New York State’s most notorious prisons for a robbery in the Syracuse area.

In a video he posted to Facebook in September of last year, he railed against prison conditions and warned people of officers raping or killing inmates. But he also hinted that he would not back down in any future confrontations with police officers on the streets.
    Officer Familia, who was in uniform, had been sitting in a mobile command unit — a truck-size police vehicle that is big enough to house equipment and several officers — on the south side of East 183rd Street, near Creston Avenue, in the Fordham Heights neighborhood.

Around 12:30 a.m., as Officer Familia neared the end of her shift, Mr. Bonds walked up to the vehicle and fired a single round from a .38-caliber, five-shot Ruger revolver through a passenger-side window, according to Deputy Chief Jason Wilcox, the commander of detectives in the Bronx.

Immediately after the shooting, Officer Familia’s partner, Vincent Maher, called for assistance, and two other officers encountered the suspect, who was running on Morris Avenue, about one block away. When the gunman drew a silver revolver, they opened fire, killing him.

A bystander was struck by a bullet in that shootout, and is in stable condition, said the police commissioner, James P. O’Neill.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/05/n...-shooting.html
    Last edited by HCM; 07-05-2017 at 01:21 PM.

RIP Officer Familia. Condolences to family, partners, friends. Tragic, senseless loss of life.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

RIP Officer Familia. I have a brother working for one of the huge metropolitan agencies and I worry about him sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

RIP. That sux.

What was the reason for a 2x convict being out amongst the rest of society? Did he serve his sentence or out in probie/good behavior?

RIP. What a crappy senseless thing.

RIP Officer Familia...and prayers for her family, friends and colleagues.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Rest in peace, Officer Familia.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Went to the last funeral for the two NYPD officer's who were assassinated eating lunch in their squad, I'll be at this one as well.

RIP.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Rest in peace, Officer Familia. The Thin Blue Line is diminished.

RIP sister.....
    My Blue Line bereavement band is always wrapped around my shield- it seems that LOD deaths are pretty much a bi-weelky occurrence now-a-days.

User Tag List