Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another new "Glock Safety" hitting the market

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Glock's are extraordinarily simple. Because of this, people try to modify them in dumb ways. A Glock isn't going to discharge a round when the slide is released unless a dumb person has done something dumb to it.

Get a copy of this and learn how they work.
    Damn, that game looks awesome. I've been pretty bored with games lately -- even resorted to playing all modules of Half-Life and Gunman Chronicles again.. And now here's something I can play, actually learn something and not be utterly and totally time-wasting. I appreciate the tip.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post

The problem with both of these devices is that they intentionally allow the trigger to be operated through it's full range of motion. This means that they intentionally allow the firing pin block and drop safety (the cruciform and trigger mechanism housing "shelf" interaction that mechanically blocks the trigger bar from moving downward and releasing the firing pin unless the trigger has moved sufficiently rearward) to be disengaged. This means, when either of those devices is on "safe" and the trigger is operated, the only thing preventing the now fully tensioned firing pin from being released and the gun discharging is the less than 0.04" of trigger bar and firing pin lug engagement.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Damn, that game looks awesome. I've been pretty bored with games lately -- even resorted to playing all modules of Half-Life and Gunman Chronicles again.. And now here's something I can play, actually learn something and not be utterly and totally time-wasting. I appreciate the tip.
    It's an amazing learning tool. I learned more about how Glocks work spending an hour with that than I did the actual Glock armorer course.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

i made it to 1 minute before turning off. dude: stop grabbing your pistol by the muzzle! treat all guns as loaded (unless you want to shoot a hole in your hand). if you can't show how to safely handle a pistol on camera, why should i listen to anything else you have to say?

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I lost count of how many times he flagged himself. That was actually painful to watch.
    I didn't even start counting, but I was similarly impressed. Sure, the slide is locked back and there's no mag in it, but holding it that way is a terrible habit and a worse example to set for people watching the video who may not know better.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    i made it to 1 minute before turning off. dude: stop grabbing your pistol by the muzzle! treat all guns as loaded (unless you want to shoot a hole in your hand).
    Major pet peeve.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Major pet peeve.
    I was just about to post a link with the comment "How timely!"
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Major pet peeve.
    i read that yesterday on Cornered Cat's FB feed. "it's ok, i'm an expert." an expert with a hole in your hand.....

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    i read that yesterday on Cornered Cat's FB feed. "it's ok, i'm an expert." an expert with a hole in your hand.....
    When I see or hear "I am an expert" on something that seems obviously stupid to me, I take them at their word that they are an expert at stupidity.

powered thru video #2, the lever works exactly the opposite of a Beretta 92 lever. brilliant!

if you are that scared of your kids getting your pistol, buy a safe. don't share the keys/combo.

User Tag List