Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Availability of Beretta Brig Tacs?

Please forgive me if this has been answered. Can someone point me in the direction of the safariland holster for the brig tac without a light mounted? I can't seem to locate it anywhere.

Thank you!
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Wilson sells a BladeTech holster that nicely fits the 92G BrigTac. on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    Please forgive me if this has been answered. Can someone point me in the direction of the safariland holster for the brig tac without a light mounted? I can't seem to locate it anywhere.

Thank you!
    I have only been able to locate the blade tech. Last time I called safari about it they said they did not have a fit. That was 8 months ago though.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Better quality sear notch and DA hook on the hammer, more consistant and wire EDM cut. Also has a modification that reduces the pre travel in single action by keeping the trigger bar a little farther forward.

The weight is located in the right place on the hammer so that you get maximum energy for striking the firing pin. This give better reliablity with low weight hammer springs used to improve the DA pull weight.

Combind this hammer with a Wilson Trigger bar and you can get a very reliable (100% with US made ammo) trigger with a DA pull in the mid 6 pound range.

Personally I think that is a big deal.
    EL

What does it do to the SA pull? I have about 12k through my brig tac with no trigger work and its hovering around 8 da and 4 sa. Majority of shots in uspsa are sa so thats what really matters to me.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

well, took my new Beretta/Wilson 92G out for a spin today. flawless. me....not so much.

after about 300 rounds, i checked the zero at 25 yards, shooting about 3-4" Right. so attempted to gently drift the sight Left to bring the impact to the left. mixed success without a sight pusher. will have to try again another day with better tools. every magazine worked perfectly (6 sand resistant ones from Wilson, 8 MecGar 18 rounders). had my best ever IDPA stage 3 ever. woot.

Thank you Beretta and Wilson!

DAB, did you try drifting with a punch with slide in a vise? I assume there is a staking Allen screw in the Battlesight? Is the Beretta rear dovetail tapered so that it preferably get more loose drifting left or does it not matter. Seems like I read they get tighter going right; if installing a new start from left and drift right. But I am not sure.

not in a vise, but laying on a padded surface. back out hex set screw, tap gently with punch and hammer, inspect, tighten screw, test fire, wash, rinse repeat.

by my math, i need to drift the rear sight about 0.016". not much. and no index mark to gauge off of. i'll check it again next time i'm at the range. got it moved a bit when i got home. wish it was an adjustable sight (like on my new gold cup), turn little screw, shoot, turn a little more, done.

today's zero of my gold cup (it was shooting way high).

thankfully, the BrigTac is dead on for elevation. holding both at combat sight - top of sight in middle of bullseye.

this is 8 shots off a rest at 25 yards. that'll do.

Name:  IMG_3123.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  45.0 KB

edit: hmmm...that pic was correctly oriented when i uploaded it. top is the logo.
    Last edited by DAB; 07-17-2017 at 06:05 PM.

Understood procedure. Assume tapping left? I put my 92A1 slide in a vise with thin strips of wood between vise and slide, and wood covered with duct tape. I then tapped left aiming for 0.015". I tell you what the Beretta sight was very, very tight. Used a brass punch and no contact except side of sight. Did your Battlesight move fairly easily? I am guessing so. As hard as I was whacking my punch with a hammer , no way I could have moved it laying on side. It would have rotated over due to the eccentricity from center of slide. Is it your understanding these rear dovetails are intended to get tighter going left to right?

yeah, trying to move left. did seem that they are installed Left to Right (i've read that is normal for all Beretta sights). after confirming it was unloaded, i left the slide attached to the frame, so less chance of it rolling on me. rested my L hand on the gun as i held the punch and tapped with my R hand. moved it way too far once, had to move it back. trial and error.

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    yeah, trying to move left. did seem that they are installed Left to Right (i've read that is normal for all Beretta sights). after confirming it was unloaded, i left the slide attached to the frame, so less chance of it rolling on me. rested my L hand on the gun as i held the punch and tapped with my R hand. moved it way too far once, had to move it back. trial and error.
    What ammo weight and brand are you using? I shot a bunch of 147 grain Speer lawman and it was a very accurate round.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Larry Sellers; 07-17-2017 at 06:57 PM.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

User Tag List