Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D With Updates

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I'd like to see Beretta re-introduce the 92D, ideally as a variant of the Langdon M9, with the orange front sight, extended magazine release, and Langdon grips (perhaps in a different color to differentiate it from the Langdon M9).

That, and a Langdon TJIB would be a superb new carry pistol.

Ditto for a Centurion version.

Erik, Ernest (and Bill), any interest?

Best, Jon
    I would be down for a special edition or semi-custom 92D Centurion. Something like a Wilson Combat CenTac type D or a Langdon Tactical Elite III Centurion D.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    I'd like to see Beretta re-introduce the 92D, ideally as a variant of the Langdon M9, with the orange front sight, extended magazine release, and Langdon grips (perhaps in a different color to differentiate it from the Langdon M9).

That, and a Langdon TJIB would be a superb new carry pistol.

Ditto for a Centurion version.

Erik, Ernest (and Bill), any interest?

Best, Jon
    I would like it. Though I prefer all black guns for duty/carry, so I would prefer normal grips, but grips could always be changed out.

Add a smaller single stack version of a 92D in the mix (maybe Shield size) , and my Glock 17/26 combo would go away.

Site Supporter
    If the 92D was a current production model my recent foray into the G34 probably would not be happening. I really like the 92 series pistols, but my short busted up thumb can't manipulate the safety/de-cocker worth a darn.

If the VZ/Langdon/Wilson ultra-thin grips are too thin than I'd also suggest the Ergo Beretta 92 grips, which not only work exceptionally well, but are also a significant value at only $26.75;
    https://www.ergogrips.net/shop/ergo-...el-92m-9-grip/.

I bought a set during a group buy that the company set up for berettaforum members and used them for several years before going to the Trausch and ultimately the Langdon/VZ grips. The Ergo grips are about the same thickness as the OEM Beretta grips, but are significantly grippier, and are available in both black and FDE.

Best, Jon
    I found these on Amazon too, both black and sand color. I ended up buying a set of the ergos because they're half the price and because they're on Amazon I used the affiliate link at the top to order them and a couple other things.

I also ordered trigger return springs, recoil springs, and 14# hammer springs from Wilson Combat. I'll get trigger bars later.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I found these on Amazon too, both black and sand color. I ended up buying a set of the ergos because they're half the price and because they're on Amazon I used the affiliate link at the top to order them and a couple other things.

I also ordered trigger return springs, recoil springs, and 14# hammer springs from Wilson Combat. I'll get trigger bars later.
    When you get a Wilson trigger bar, try the 11# spring (and if that is too light, the 12#). It is amazing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    When you get a Wilson trigger bar, try the 11# spring (and if that is too light, the 12#). It is amazing.
    I second this.
    With the trigger bar and these springs, the DA pull is significantly improved over a D-spring (which was pretty good to begin with). I had occasional light strikes with the 11# spring, but none with the 12#.

I have a #12 spring in a gun I was going to buy a TJIB for so I may swap those out. I'm going to have to start keeping files on what gun has what in it.

The D trigger is already perfectly manageable as is so I'm excited to see how this goes. I wonder if Beretta could do a type C 92. That would be sweet. Anyway, should be able to get close enough with what's available on the aftermarket.

Would love to see the D model return to production. Frankly, I'd probably consolidate on a few of these with some stragglers from other companies and thin the herd considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    The D trigger is already perfectly manageable as is so I'm excited to see how this goes. I wonder if Beretta could do a type C 92. That would be sweet. Anyway, should be able to get close enough with what's available on the aftermarket.
    The PX4 Type C hammer does fit in the 92, but would require the addition of sear parts. The PX4 Type C sear is different than the standard PX4 sear by just a little bit. My bedside pistol is a .40 90-two lower with a 96D Brigadier upper that has a Type C hammer and The Wilson Combat Trigger bar. (But oddly enough, my PX4 Type C currently has the FS Action parts...)

Got the Wilson 14# hammer springs installed. On both my guns it reduced the trigger pull by roughly 1/4lb bringing them to about 9lbs but both feel a bit smoother and stacking felt reduced as well. The set of Ergo grips I received did not fit great and kinda had to be forced on and they're a little bit thicker but do offer some improvement for grip. If you want maybe a small bit more girth in the grip they might be an option for you but for me the factory grip is the prefect thickness so I may send them back.

User Tag List