Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D With Updates

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Neat gun but I'm with you, needs different grips.

What's the size comparison vs a regular 92?
    Centurions have a compact barrel and slide on a fullsize grip. I think it's just over 1/2" shorter. Not a massive difference but enough to be noticeable in appearance, balance, and feel while the slide is cycling.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

The Hogue wraparounds are a bit much. The standard Hogue grip panels work great. I modified a set to fit my Billennium. But, the newer thin G10 grips are very popular these days.

Quote Originally Posted by AdioSS View Post
    The Hogue wraparounds are a bit much. The standard Hogue grip panels work great. I modified a set to fit my Billennium. But, the newer thin G10 grips are very popular these days.
    I bought a set of LTT ultra thins and they look awesome and have great grip but they're too thin for my hands. The standard thickness is just right for me. I have a used Centurion FS that came with standard thickness VZs that fit me so I'll be putting those on all my Berettas eventually.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

If the VZ/Langdon/Wilson ultra-thin grips are too thin than I'd also suggest the Ergo Beretta 92 grips, which not only work exceptionally well, but are also a significant value at only $26.75;
    https://www.ergogrips.net/shop/ergo-...el-92m-9-grip/.

I bought a set during a group buy that the company set up for berettaforum members and used them for several years before going to the Trausch and ultimately the Langdon/VZ grips. The Ergo grips are about the same thickness as the OEM Beretta grips, but are significantly grippier, and are available in both black and FDE.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 07-27-2018 at 06:56 AM.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Just picked up this 92D Centruion. I dislike the Houge grips but I don't have any spare grips or washers at the moment so they'll have to stay for a bit. This one has a smoother trigger than the fullsize I got recently but there was some stacking so I pulled the hammer spring and polished the end. I can only feel a little bit of stacking right at the end now. And that's before a Wilson trigger bar or 14# hammer spring. This could end up being my favorite pistol.

Check out Stoner CNC grips as well. On EBay, Amazon, and a bit cheaper on Etsy, whatever that is?

Name:  023055CB-2709-48EA-8BA3-657B4E41D612.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  89.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Check out Stoner CNC grips as well. On EBay, Amazon, and a bit cheaper on Etsy, whatever that is?

Name:  023055CB-2709-48EA-8BA3-657B4E41D612.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  89.7 KB
    Found them on Amazon. I'll use the affiliate link at the top of the page to order them from Amazon so PFC gets a kickback.

PSA:

I just saw two D's at Dawsonville Guns. A Centurion and a 92D. $399 and $429 respectively.

Seemed like good prices.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    PSA:

I just saw two D's at Dawsonville Guns. A Centurion and a 92D. $399 and $429 respectively.

Seemed like good prices.
    That's a fair price for the Centurion. If the standard model is really nice it might be worth it but LEO trade-in guns run ~$300.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    PSA:

Seemed like good prices.
    Where I live those are quite good prices unless they are beat to death. I really like my Centurion D (with new springs, a Wilson trigger bar, and a 11 pound mainspring from Langdon Tactical). I bought it because a D pistol always seemed to be a good idea to me, but as we all know, lots of things that might be good in theory turn out to be less-than-fully-enchanting in practice. I've let a number of people shoot it, and universally their question is where can they get a D model?

The D Berettas will never be the pistols that can fire a full mag the fastest, but of course that isn't what they are designed for.

I'd like to see Beretta re-introduce the 92D, ideally as a variant of the Langdon M9, with the orange front sight, extended magazine release, and Langdon grips (perhaps in a different color to differentiate it from the Langdon M9).

That, and a Langdon TJIB would be a superb new carry pistol.

Ditto for a Centurion version.

Erik, Ernest (and Bill), any interest?

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 07-29-2018 at 11:37 AM.

User Tag List