Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D With Updates

I got my 92D Centurion from my FFL today. I知 enjoying it, although I知 eager to get Wilson Ultra-Thin VZs to replace the finger-groove (ugh) Houge grip on there now and to start rocking a TJIAB.

I still want to shoot it plain-Jane stock for a little bit first, so I can appreciate spoiling myself.

The trigger return was not as strong as I thought it might have been. I知 not complaining, but I was a bit surprised.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I got my 92D Centurion from my FFL today. I知 enjoying it, although I知 eager to get Wilson Ultra-Thin VZs to replace the finger-groove (ugh) Houge grip on there now and to start rocking a TJIAB.

I still want to shoot it plain-Jane stock for a little bit first, so I can appreciate spoiling myself.

The trigger return was not as strong as I thought it might have been. I知 not complaining, but I was a bit surprised.
    You got Houge finger grooves on yours too? My 92D Centurion came with those too. For as many people that complain about the grip size of 92's in general you'd think those grips would be a lot less common.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Bulky and soft, es no bueno for me in a pistol grip. I have a large palm and long fingers so it痴 still shootable, but the added frontstrap thickness is considerable and the soft material makes it easier for the gun squirm with a strong grip and aggresive trigger finger.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    And for duty/self defense, Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P or Hornady Critical Duty 135gr FlexLock are my primary choices, but anything vetted/recommended by DocGKR is good to go.

See https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....f-Defense-Ammo He periodically updates it.

Best, Jon
    I should note that I put an 11# spring in a 92D Centurion on a "why not try it?" whim. I now have 2000 rounds (approximately) through it and have had only one hard primer not bust on the first pull. It has been 100% with carry ammo. Importantly, though, I put in a Wilson trigger bar. Without that I wouldn't consider anything less than 14# mainspring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I should note that I put an 11# spring in a 92D Centurion on a "why not try it?" whim. I now have 2000 rounds (approximately) through it and have had only one hard primer not bust on the first pull. It has been 100% with carry ammo. Importantly, though, I put in a Wilson trigger bar. Without that I wouldn't consider anything less than 14# mainspring.
    I absolutely agree; only with a Wilson Combat combat triggerbar would I go any lower than 14#. The Langdon-designed WC triggerbar allows for greater hammer arc, imparting more energy on the firing pin, thus concurrently allowing for a lighter mainspring. It's also thorough-hardened, so it'll have increased durability/less wear on areas of reciprocation and metal-on-metal movement. The current ones are pretty much drop-in components, too (on a D model they always were, due to the Ds lack of a sear and single-action).

As reference points, the OEM mainspring weight on a 92 is 20#, as DoD wanted enough energy to sufficiently detonate pretty much any known 9mm primer and/or grunged-up cartridges. The OEM D spring provided by/approved by Beretta is 16#.

Best, Jon

I'm going to have to order a couple trigger bars and even lighter springs for my 92D's.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I'm going to have to order a couple trigger bars and even lighter springs for my 92D's.
    We're quite the enablers, aren't we?

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post

I recommend immediate replacement of the trigger return spring, triggerbar spring, magazine springs, recoil spring, and take a hard look at the locking block-replacing it with the current Gen 3 locking block might not be a bad idea, but fit/have fitted as necessary for even wear on the locking block wings.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLuck View Post
    Didja get it?!
    Nope. Somebody outbid me at the last minute. They do have more listed though.

How does one go about fitting a locking block?

User Tag List