Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D With Updates

Just in case you wanted to see some 92D bling in silver and gold! Both of these pistols now have different grips (thin) which are not shown. The silver one sports a Ciener .22 threaded Conversion kit and a switchable threaded 9mm upper. The 9mm barrel has since been refinished in silvertone CPII. The gold one has an accurized conical bushing by WAL. Both have LTT TJIABs, SRTs and an 11# spring.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by LadyLuck; 02-27-2019 at 04:22 PM.
    Carpe diem

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLuck View Post
    Just in case you wanted to see some 92D bling in silver and gold! Both of these pistols now have different grips (thin) which are not shown. The silver one sports a Ciener .22 threaded Conversion kit and a switchable threaded 9mm upper. The 9mm barrel has since been refinished in silvertone CPII. The gold one has an accurized conical bushing by WAL. Both have LTT TJIABs, SRTs and an 11# spring.
    11# spring... whoa Nelly... any issues? I did the trigger bar, trigger return spring, grips and sight mods on my 92D and went with 14# hammer spring... I may get "wild" and drop to a 13# but since I CCW the gun want 100% fail safe reliability was thinking the 13# or 14# would give me some leeway and peace of mind......

Nice looking pizza blasters~!
    Johnny Walker

Didja get it?!
    I'll know in 2 days, 14 hours. I'm winning so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Walker View Post
    11# spring... whoa Nelly... any issues? I did the trigger bar, trigger return spring, grips and sight mods on my 92D and went with 14# hammer spring... I may get "wild" and drop to a 13# but since I CCW the gun want 100% fail safe reliability was thinking the 13# or 14# would give me some leeway and peace of mind......

Nice looking pizza blasters~!
    Do you have a slick slide or one of the rare 92D slides with a safety lever? If you have the slick slide, it has a one piece firing pin. It is much more forgiving paired with a lighter hammer spring in terms of giving effective oomph to the hammer hitting the firing pin. I have had no failures to ignite across all 3 slick slide 92D's after approx 2000 rounds. The trigger pull weight of all three is about 6.5lbs.

I carry the Centurion, nightstand the accurized Goldie full-size and range play time the Silver. I'm awaiting a 9mm suppressor for the silver one. I am totally confident that the Centurion and Goldie will stay 100% reliable. I don't want to depend on 2nd strike capability but there is that if I ever get one. I continue to shoot them all at the range just waiting for that first failure to ignite but it hasn't happened yet. YMMV!

(The Ciener .22 Conversion kit does not have the same results. I'm still analyzing that one because it gets light strikes no matter what spring is in it. I'm leaning toward firing pin out of spec but I need more range time with the 92D in that configuration to troubleshoot it.)

Did you say pizza?!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Carpe diem

Do you have a slick slide or one of the rare 92D slides with a safety lever? If you have the slick slide, it has a one piece firing pin. It is much more forgiving paired with a lighter hammer spring in terms of giving effective oomph to the hammer hitting the firing pin. I have had no failures to ignite across all 3 slick slide 92D's after approx 2000 rounds. The trigger pull weight of all three is about 6.5lbs.

I carry the Centurion, nightstand the accurized Goldie full-size and range play time the Silver. I'm awaiting a 9mm suppressor for the silver one. I am totally confident that the Centurion and Goldie will stay 100% reliable. I don't want to depend on 2nd strike capability but there is that if I ever get one. I continue to shoot them all at the range just waiting for that first failure to ignite but it hasn't happened yet. YMMV!

(The Ciener .22 Conversion kit does not have the same results. I'm still analyzing that one because it gets light strikes no matter what spring is in it. I'm leaning toward firing pin out of spec but I need more range time with the 92D in that configuration to troubleshoot it.)

Did you say pizza?!
    HA HA HA HA Anytime is Pizza time! My 92D be a slick slide... understand about the one piece firing pin... good to know I can go lower than 13#.... just "seems" like that is dangerous low... that IS NOT grounded in anything scientific. The 14# spring rocks and after I pump 500 rounds thru the gun over the next week if I get no failures I will most likely swap in the 13# spring and give that a whirl. I have another 92D ( also full size ) inbound and will do the work on it next. My two FS models ( one full and one Centurion ) have the TJIAB and run 14# springs and Wilson Hammer and have had 0 issues thus far..... All that being said I am glad to be a part of this 92D expedition!
    Johnny Walker

The reason I go with a light spring is because of the trigger pull weight. I like DAO but a heavier revolver like trigger is too strong for me. The 11# gives me a weight I can handle. Similar to my striker XD9SC. If the pull weight of your 14# is acceptable then no need to go lower! But, if you do and it's reliable there will be no going back - the 11# is that sweet!
    Last edited by LadyLuck; 02-27-2019 at 09:10 PM.
    Carpe diem

The reason I go with a light spring is because of the trigger pull weight. I like DAO but a heavier revolver like trigger is too strong for me. The 11# gives me a weight I can handle. Similar to my striker XD9SC. If the pull weight of your 14# is acceptable then no need to go lower! But, if you do and it's reliable there will be no going back - the 11# is that sweet!
    Thanks for the tips. I can imagine how sweet it must be....14# seems crazy good......

Carpe Diem... Carpe Vitae !
    Johnny Walker

For defensive or duty use, I believe Ernest generally recommends 14# or no lower than 13#. I'd stick with the 14# for awhile, and then maybe experiment with the 13#. Best, Jon

And, regardless of which spring weight you choose, if it's beneath 16# make sure you run some of your duty/carry ammunition through it. Actually, whenever you do any mods/component changes, it's a good idea to do this.

A good hard-primered brand to test with is Sellier & Bellot-it's consistently quality ammunition and accurate, but harder-primered. For softer-primered cartridges, Federal/American Eagle/Champion is good stuff.

These days, I normally run either Sellier & Bellot 115 gr, American Eagle 115 gr, or Federal Champion 115 gr, but I may take a walk on the wild side (not) and experiment with 124 gr. My 92D runs fine with any and all of these choices, with Wilson Combat chrome silicon 13# mainspring, a 14# Wilson Combat chrome silicon recoil spring, and a standard strength Wilson Combat chrome silicon extractor spring.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 02-28-2019 at 04:25 PM.

And for duty/self defense, Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P or Hornady Critical Duty 135gr FlexLock are my primary choices, but anything vetted/recommended by DocGKR is good to go.

See https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....f-Defense-Ammo He periodically updates it.

Best, Jon

User Tag List