Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D With Updates

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Based on my experience, Glocks and Beretta 92s are the two pistols that you probably shouldn’t ever sell because sooner or later you’re just going to come back to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well I have plenty of 92's but most are DA/SA. I'm going to keep at least a few. Being so used to the DA/SA trigger the D trigger was a little weird. The two that I have probably aren't worth $700 combined so it's not a huge deal if I just keep them for the heck of it. If I were married you guys would get me in a lot of trouble. Not that I don't do my fair share of entrapment around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Based on my experience, Glocks and Beretta 92s are the two pistols that you probably shouldn’t ever sell because sooner or later you’re just going to come back to them.

Especially if a D model, which while not exactly rare, are a finite and diminishing pool as we speak.

Perusing Beretta's website, it also looks like they've eliminated (or hidden) C and D variants of the PX4. I've heard very, very little reporting regarding their performance since the overall PX4 introduction, leading me to suspect that they're a microscopic portion of PX4 total sales...

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 02-14-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I don't think DIVA posts here so go to the beretta froum and search for her. She is very enthusiastic about 92Ds and has at least a pair. She asked Ernest to do a TJIB for her and she is running an 11# hammer spring I believe. I can only get down to a 12# in my DA/SA B92s. The advantage the D has is the one piece firing pin vs two piece in FS or G. I believe that is what allows a further 1# reduction on the spring. From my recent experience w/ the NP3 version of the TJIB, I'd recommend asking Ernest to make up an NP3 kit for your D. I can pretty much assure that you will be amazed.
    I'm familiar with Diva's excellent contributions on the berettaforum.net, and I've invited her to come and sample the water here; I also gave her a link to this thread.

Best, Jon

That legitimately sounds amazing and makes me want to get into trouble with the wife by buying a used 92D Centurion that’s sitting at a gun shop I know...

I have a 92D Centurion, and I installed an 11# spring. 2000 rounds later only one double strike needed and that on a notoriously hard primer. The trigger itself is very much like an excellent revolver double-action pull, though probably a bit shorter.

I like a lot of pistols but this is very accurate, simple and reliable. If I thought microsecond split times mattered much, I'd say go with a very light DA/SA instead. But other than slightly slower split time this is a terrific pistol that is a joy to shoot.

I could not be more appreciative of the info this forum provides.

After spending a week reading every Beretta thread I could find, I have a 92D Centurion heading my way. I figure I’ll have Wilson work their magic and end up with a nice gun.

Making sure I understand everything, the new Wilson trigger bar and hammer will work in concert to release the hammer further back into its arc, allowing the use of a lighter mainspring without loss of impact energy against the primer? I was thinking about the 14# spring, but maybe the 13# won’t really risk light strikes if I’m rocking the new parts?

I’m excited to finally have a Beretta, and really impressed by everything Mr. Langdon and Wilson Combat have done for the gun. It seems like the best thing that can happen for any small arms design to have enough success to warrant serious engineering evolution.

Bergeron, you will love the 9D Centurion. What a perfect choice for your first Beretta! Here's mine. It's flawless with an 11# spring and other upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I'm familiar with Diva's excellent contributions on the berettaforum.net, and I've invited her to come and sample the water here; I also gave her a link to this thread.
    Thanks, Jon, for the warm welcome!

Diva (from The Beretta Forum)🙂
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Carpe diem

I put 14# springs in both of my 92D's but I can't remember if that was before or after my last range trip with them. As I understand it you can go down to a 14# hammer spring and not do anything else and the gun should still work. My 92A1 has a 12# and I put a few rounds through it and they all went off but Ernest Langdon says it's not a good idea to run only a 12# spring with no other mods. Luckily the hammer springs aren't expensive so you can grab a 12, 13, and 14 to play with.

The 92D Centurion is my favorite Beretta aesthetically. The short slick slide and flush barrel with the spurless hammer look so cool to me. When I saw one on GB for I think it was $400, I had to jump on it. I also have a normal 92D that I got for $250 because the finish was really rough but mechanically it's fine. There's a spot where someone's middle finger wore all the finish away, so that's cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLuck View Post
    Bergeron, you will love the 9D Centurion. What a perfect choice for your first Beretta! Here's mine. It's flawless with an 11# spring and other upgrades.

Thanks, Jon, for the warm welcome!

Diva (from The Beretta Forum)🙂
    You're welcome, it's great to have you on board. One question on your set-up: How are you liking the short trigger? When I queried WC about it, they actually recommended against it on the D model; the tech that I spoke with felt the action leveraging was excellent with the regular trigger, and conversely was a bit compromised with the short-reach variant. What are your thoughts about it after running it on yours?

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 02-23-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I could not be more appreciative of the info this forum provides.

After spending a week reading every Beretta thread I could find, I have a 92D Centurion heading my way. I figure I’ll have Wilson work their magic and end up with a nice gun.

Making sure I understand everything, the new Wilson trigger bar and hammer will work in concert to release the hammer further back into its arc, allowing the use of a lighter mainspring without loss of impact energy against the primer? I was thinking about the 14# spring, but maybe the 13# won’t really risk light strikes if I’m rocking the new parts?

I’m excited to finally have a Beretta, and really impressed by everything Mr. Langdon and Wilson Combat have done for the gun. It seems like the best thing that can happen for any small arms design to have enough success to warrant serious engineering evolution.
    Bergeron, with the WC triggerbar, you'll be fine with either a #14 or #13 mainspring. I initially went with the #14, but switched to the #13 with no issues whatsoever, and I'm normally running Sellier & Bellot 115 gr 9mm in mine, which are noted for having harder primers.

I'd suggest trying both, and go with the feel that you prefer (assuming reliability with them, of course, with the cartridges that you use).

Best, Jon

The S&B is a great data point.

Thanks, Jon!

User Tag List