Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smith & Wesson Buys GemTech

Site Supporter

Smith & Wesson Buys GemTech

http://www.recoilweb.com/smith-wesso...ch-128578.html

Gemtech, the World’s Leader in Silencers, now has the backing of the most powerful company in the firearms industry: Smith & Wesson. Combined with the outstanding companies of American Outdoor Brands Corporation, this strengthens the decades old team that is Gemtech.

Read more: http://www.recoilweb.com/smith-wesso...#ixzz4ljOOuPpN
    With Remington, SIG and even Ruger in the suppressor game I suppose this isn't that surprising.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-02-2017 at 09:20 PM.

I think those companies are betting on the 'Hearing Protection Act' passing Congress' approval to remove suppressors from the $200 Stamp Tax!

--
    What we need is more unemployed politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by busykngt View Post
    I think those companies are betting on the 'Hearing Protection Act' passing Congress' approval to remove suppressors from the $200 Stamp Tax!
    Such is my fervent hope.
    #RESIST

Duplicate post
    Last edited by busykngt; 07-03-2017 at 07:25 AM.

I keep reading where it's making progress but yet never seems to actually come up for a vote (or whatever it takes to change the law). It's apparently got a lot of support (via co-signers) - so I'm not really understanding what the holdup is.
    --
    What we need is more unemployed politicians.
    Last edited by busykngt; 07-03-2017 at 07:27 AM.

Let's hope GemTech does better than Thompson/Center has done under S&W ownership.

As for the bill, it just takes one influential Member of Congress to table the legislation, trapping it in committee.

We will have a stamp burning party at the Sean M range and boarding house if it does.......
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by busykngt View Post
    I keep reading where it's making progress but yet never seems to actually come up for a vote (or whatever it takes to change the law). It's apparently got a lot of support (via co-signers) - so I'm not really understanding what the holdup is.
    One word: midterms. They have to smell the wind before they commit.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Most large AR companies own can companies...

My thoughts are someone in s&e corporate imagined a world where someone walks into a gun shop and buys an MP15 of whatever spec and gets a gemtech can with it, OEM. That'll make sure they sell like hotcakes...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Looks like a smart business move.
    HPA has been incorporated into the SHARE bill.
    Since it includes a provision for refund of transfer tax on sales since the bill was introduced, there is no reason not to jump on the silencer bandwagon.
    So if it passes you are in good shape, if not, you are no worse off than before.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List