Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Volund Gearworks Atlas Belt

I sent an e-mail as well. Ready to place an order and try one out.

Thanks for chiming in Matt. I sent the msg before seeing your post here.

How does the stiffness compare to a Wilderness 5-Stitch and how far does the back part extend under the front part? Does it go through that loop?
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    How does the stiffness compare to a Wilderness 5-Stitch and how far does the back part extend under the front part? Does it go through that loop?
    It is stiffer than the 5 stitch and for me, I think it is just right. I have had other nylon ranger style belts that were too stiff.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    The tail of the belt indeed slips into that loop in the last picture. Depending on size and where you set the 1" adjustment webbing will determine how much of the tail is overlapped. Since you don't necessarily need to wear the belt "centered" it's nice to have a little extra grab on the tail to keep it from slipping up or down depending on where the first pant belt loop is.

Any info on how one measures for correct size with this belt? Looks very interesting.

I just got done ordering and communicating via email with him regarding size. I wear a 36" pant, which allows enough room for IWB carry. His Medium belt goes up to 38" and his large starts at 36" going up from there. He suggested I order the Large, and said there would be plenty of room to adjust up or down. He stated he wore a 36" pant as well and this was the size that best fit him.

Hope this helps.
    In honor of AW2 Jason Edward Lawson (The Law). We'll never forget you.
    http://www.tourohio.com/fleetaw/Memorial/Lawson.html

I'll chime in on sizing as well since I ordered last night.

Here's what Matt sent WRT sizing.
    Atlas Belt Sizing (inches):
    SM 28-34
    MD 32-38
    LG 36-42
    XL 40-46
    I am somewhere between 32-34" pant size, depending on brand/style.
    My Wilderness belts are 36" and 37" but are a little too long.
    My leather belts that are too small for me are 35" and 36".
    My leather belts that I wear frequently (but are a little too long) are 38".

It was suggested I order a MD.

Hope this helps.

I measure 40" on the waist but wear 38" pants (I swear, it's muscle!), they put an XL on order for me (I'll be carrying IWB).

I think OP deserves a gift or something for writing this review, looks like it's turned into a lot of orders!

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by jmjames View Post
    I think OP deserves a gift or something for writing this review, looks like it's turned into a lot of orders!

J.Ja
    yeah he's getting some commission for this one.....
    nice to get more belts out there on folks before the actual launch starts, might have to hire more help depending on how things heat up after SHOT.

As for sizing, it's kind of a clusterf*ck, like buying pants and shoes for some folks. My pants range from 34 to even 38 waist sizes to fit comfortably. I usually recommend folks order by their most comfortable pant size taking carry methods into account, and then shoot for the one that puts you in the lower range of the size. There will always be need for folks to return a belt due to sizing issues and I'll have a method for that...
    Last edited by Buzz Fledderjohn; 01-05-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: add info

Mine is done and shipping! Impressive.
    #RESIST

User Tag List