Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Volund Gearworks Atlas Belt

Correct. The 1" webbing does not wrap all the way around the belt. Original design is solid colors, no trim. A few folks have requested two tone belts, and the 1" webbing is only used for the attach/adjust system...
    www.volundgearworks.com

Wore mine all day today with the Shaggy and am very pleased with the belt. The only hiccup was not being able to thread a Raven OWB mag carrier today, the belt would not slide through the tight S between the loops and the body. I was in a hurry and didn't spend a lot of time on it so it could be due to several reasons... The belt is new and not broken in at all, I didn't spend enough time on it or simply that the belt will not work with this type of mag carrier.

The mag carrier aside I'm very happy with the belt and am glad to ditch the Wilderness boat anchor buckle.

Received my belt in coyote today. (it is 100 per cent coyote). Wearing it now, and it seems supportive but easier on the back than my five stitch Wilderness belt. Put me down as another very satisfied customer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Received my belt in coyote today. (it is 100 per cent coyote). Wearing it now, and it seems supportive but easier on the back than my five stitch Wilderness belt. Put me down as another very satisfied customer.
    Any chance I could talk you into posting a clear pic.?
    I'm still wondering about exactly what color =coyote.

Gracias.

Atlas in coyote with a Shaggy.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    The only hiccup was not being able to thread a Raven OWB mag carrier today, the belt would not slide through the tight S between the loops and the body. I was in a hurry and didn't spend a lot of time on it so it could be due to several reasons... The belt is new and not broken in at all, I didn't spend enough time on it or simply that the belt will not work with this type of mag carrier.
    Any update? Were you able to get your raven mag carrier on the belt?
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Site Supporter
    TYVM GJM.
    Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Super J View Post
    Any update? Were you able to get your raven mag carrier on the belt?
    I'm actually out of town and have only been using my Shaggy with the Atlas belt, I do feel a little awkward not having my spare mag. I'll be back this weekend and give it another go. As it stands right now I'm very happy with the belt comfort wise, construction, less weight and ease of adjustment is great. I have no complaints and was posting it mostly as an observation and trying to give an honest assessment. If I can't use the Raven holster I'll be looking for a different type of carrier as I like the belt that much more than the Wilderness.

I use a Personal Security Systems Holster with the shallow belt loops. It has the same "S" path to thread a belt through. On a leather belt, this keeps everything right where you put it so it's a bonus. On this ATLAS belt, it is difficult, but not impossible to get the initial belt section with the PALS threaded through the holster. I basically have to push a bit of the belt through the rear belt loop and then pull that section out the front, push through the rear, pull from the front. Repeat until the belt is threaded past the PALS.
    In honor of AW2 Jason Edward Lawson (The Law). We'll never forget you.
    http://www.tourohio.com/fleetaw/Memorial/Lawson.html

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaw View Post
    I use a Personal Security Systems Holster with the shallow belt loops. It has the same "S" path to thread a belt through. On a leather belt, this keeps everything right where you put it so it's a bonus. On this ATLAS belt, it is difficult, but not impossible to get the initial belt section with the PALS threaded through the holster. I basically have to push a bit of the belt through the rear belt loop and then pull that section out the front, push through the rear, pull from the front. Repeat until the belt is threaded past the PALS.
    A different perspective on the same ....

I also use PSS holsters with the same loops. I don't see what TheLaw described as an issue at all. In fact I think it's great as the holster stays put on the belt.

I have already ordered 2 more Atlas belts and have sold off a couple of Wilderness belts. No turning back now.

User Tag List