Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Volund Gearworks Atlas Belt

I have been using a crappy $15 nylon "rigger's belt" to carry at the 4 o'clock position, IWB, for a few years, and it's worked out fine, but I recently decided to make a go at appendix carry (IWB) and I'm finding it quite uncomfortable to crank my belt down, as tight as it has been in order to keep the gun secure, now that it's in the AIWB position. So, I set off looking for a stiffer nylon belt, in the hopes that I could loosen the belt just a tad. I found the Atlas G-Hook belt and it seemed to meet all my other requirements. I thought I was set, but then I found the "Slim" version of the Atlas G-Hook belt. The description says it's "Ideal for IWB and AIWB carry", which made me start to second guess myself. I'm sure even the "slim" version is much better/stiffer than the belt I have now, but I'm still trying to decide between the two Atlas belts. Any advice is appreciated!
    Billy

Quote Originally Posted by JeepFreak View Post
    I have been using a crappy $15 nylon "rigger's belt" to carry at the 4 o'clock position, IWB, for a few years, and it's worked out fine, but I recently decided to make a go at appendix carry (IWB) and I'm finding it quite uncomfortable to crank my belt down, as tight as it has been in order to keep the gun secure, now that it's in the AIWB position. So, I set off looking for a stiffer nylon belt, in the hopes that I could loosen the belt just a tad. I found the Atlas G-Hook belt and it seemed to meet all my other requirements. I thought I was set, but then I found the "Slim" version of the Atlas G-Hook belt. The description says it's "Ideal for IWB and AIWB carry", which made me start to second guess myself. I'm sure even the "slim" version is much better/stiffer than the belt I have now, but I'm still trying to decide between the two Atlas belts. Any advice is appreciated!
    Billy
    Just my two cents here but I say go with the regular belt. I switched to using an Atlas G-Hook after starting out with a Wilderness FF and then an SOE Cobra EDC belt and I have not looked back.

The scuba webbing made a huge difference for me. It makes the belt thicker which helps to hold my gear more securely. As was mentioned in the initial post here, the belt does not cut into me like the thinner belts did. Also I found I don't have to crank the bejeezus out of the belt for it to carry well - the belt is stiff enough to do a lot of the heavy lifting itself.

It feels odd to be excited about something as utilitarian as a belt but these are excellent!
    "A man's character is his fate."

I think you'll be happy with either. So, buy both!

Seriously, the Volund and the Wilderness FreqFlier are my two favorites. They are also excellent value for your money, IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad to see Volund is taking orders again.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

User Tag List