Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Volund Gearworks Atlas Belt

Volund Gearworks Atlas Belt

There aren't too many things to come along and spark me to want to start a thread over but this belt is one of the few. I spied them on Facebook through another friends company and was instantly drawn towards what I hoped would be my next belt. I have had belts made by all the people everyone is thinking about but they just don't work out for me like they do for others.

Stiffness: I wanted a stiff belt but found other belts to be too stiff. Some were perfect. This is pretty damned close. It can hold up a gun and some mags like many of the other great belts. What this doesn't do is cut into me like I felt others doing. I have sold off all my other cobra buckle type belts so I am unable to make a direct comparison but this feels a little better.

Ease of use: It wasn't until the cobra buckle belts came along that belts became a pain in the ass to use. This belt is easier to use but you lose the (in)convenience of the cobra buckle. That is a plus for me, I found them to be a major pain in the ass. The pals spacing on the non-buckle end can be a little tough to thread through some gear but nothing outrageous. There is also nothing to lose unlike the male buckle end on some cobra belts.

Noise: Not that it matters to everyone but I hated taking care of business and having a belt chatter the whole time. This is silent.

Quality: Seems very well made, much like all the other belts out there. There is no drop in quality when you buy from someone else as others would have you believe.

Overall: This belt has replaced my wilderness 5 stitch. I wore the two back and forth for a little over a month now carrying all kinds of crap and keep coming back to the Atlas belt. I think it is the belt I was looking for as I find the cobra buckle belts to be more work than needed. That is not to say the other belts suck, there are lots of well made belts out there. Bottom line is this belt should be added to any list of good belts.

I am not associated with Volund Gearworks.

To my knowledge their website is in progress and not quite ready. I found them through Facebook.

-----------------
    Since my original posting of this in November I am still wearing it and it has been the only non-Wilderness belt I kept.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Interesting, is that a 1.5" or 1.75"?
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

1.5 inches

Price?
    #RESIST

How much is it?
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

$Forty

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    $Forty
    Damn, guess I'm ordering one. Nice price.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Damn, guess I'm ordering one. Nice price.
    Me too, but how would you do that?

I got him on FB and emailed him.

Damn... you'd have to post this when my Wilderness 5-stitch is on the truck. This forum is going to cost me so much money...

User Tag List