Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SureFire Fury Intellibeam

SureFire Fury Intellibeam

http://www.surefire.com/illumination...P2XIntellibeam

I think this might be nice for Fire/EMS/SAR.

Anyone see any good tactical applications for LE/Mil/Civ Self Defense?

One click: auto adjusts to your surrounding light
    Two Clicks: 600 lumens

I kind of like the idea, but believe the clicks should be reversed.

Sounds kinda cool for an EDC light that has utility use beyond defense. A double duty light that won't blind my ass to the moon for a 3AM piss break while still being able to blind my ass as needed is cool.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I'm a simple man. (Shaddup, you!)
    $230 is a lot for an "EDC" flashlight.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I'm a simple man. (Shaddup, you!)
    $230 is a lot for an "EDC" flashlight.
    You'll probably be able to get it on Amazon for $180. I just saw the video on it. Auto adjusts so it doesn't blind you. Not a bad idea. Interested to see reviews on it. I'm sticking with a regular Surefire's though.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    http://www.surefire.com/illumination...P2XIntellibeam

I think this might be nice for Fire/EMS/SAR.

Anyone see any good tactical applications for LE/Mil/Civ Self Defense?

One click: auto adjusts to your surrounding light
    Two Clicks: 600 lumens

I kind of like the idea, but believe the clicks should be reversed.
    I see some good uses for this as an L.E. Going into a dark room with white walls the light will adjust not blinding you. If you are doing a vehicle search and looking under a seat it will not blow out your eyes. The fact that you can switch it to full power if you need it is good. I don't know about mounting it on a rifle, but for patrol use, yes I can see a lot of uses for it.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill
    C.A. P.C. 832

The price isn't too out there. For what it cost me to upgrade a Surefire 6P with a Malkoff LED and everything it's about the same price point.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I think it is expensive, in the way that a P30 is expensive compared to a Ruger or Taurus. But, if you are truly carrying something that gives you a tactical advantage in protecting your life, it's worth the cost. However, I'm just curious how sweet this really is, I mean, I carry an EB1 every day. The high output is great for my defensive needs. The low output is good for just about anything else. It's small. It fits fine in my pocket. It's about half the cost.

So, is this a "solution" to a problem that never existed, or is this truly a great idea?

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    You'll probably be able to get it on Amazon for $180. I just saw the video on it. Auto adjusts so it doesn't blind you. Not a bad idea. Interested to see reviews on it. I'm sticking with a regular Surefire's though.
    And I'd probably do as well ordering through the PX, with my Star Card, but what with the wife out of work, not wise. Haven't even been to the range since it happened.
    /pity party
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I am really interested in checking one out. My eyes are hyper-sensitive to light so finding the right balance with a flashlight can be a challenge. This looks very interesting...
    "A man's character is his fate."

FYI OpticsPlanet has this in stock now for $200 with 20% off via a promo code...
    "A man's character is his fate."

User Tag List