Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Volund Gearworks Atlas Belt

Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I did use both to adjust it. I got a very timely reply to my e-mail and will be sending it in to have it shortened up a bit. Really like the design of the belt and see it getting a ton of use once it fit's better.
    I feel bad.

LOVE MY BELT can not wait to hang a gun on it. people say it don't go well with my tan dress pants that i have on today but i don't care.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    I feel bad.
    Don't. It's already on it's way back to get shortened. Not a big deal as I have several belts already. I'm thinking i'm going to like this more than my Wilderness or Ares once it fit's right.

Imitation is the sincerest form of plagerism.

http://originalsoegear.com/EDCLowProfileBelt.html

That did not take long.

At least they aren't passing it off as their own. Careful wording often clouds the fact that someone didn't think it up.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    ...I'm very happy with the belt and am glad to ditch the Wilderness boat anchor buckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Good news, the Atlas is airport metal detector safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Fledderjohn View Post
    You'd probably be surprised at how many generations the sizing/spacing went through before the belt even got close to it's final form. First there was no slack in the loops and they laid flat like normal PALS but that made inserting and especially removing the G-Hook a PITA. With slack added I started playing with the spacing between tack lines and found that there really is a "sweet spot" in that spacing that makes the buckle much easier to engage and remove. With the tacks too close together the angle you need to tilt the buckle makes it hard to remove without fighting. Also, since I was the body the belt was designed around, I messed with different tail lengths as well and found the length currently used works best when I need to drop trowel but don't want the belt to open up and possibly allow my holster to slip off or at minimum clunk onto the floor. I can release all the slack in the tail and run the hook end all the way to the buckle but still leave the g-hook engaged. ~Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    I just got my belts the other day and I'm head over heels in love with these belts! Talk about an awesome option for ladies! They are the best belts ever, especially for me due to the fact that I'm about 5'5 and 100 lbs so the lightness and slim design are such a blessing in comparison to some of the terribly heavy tactical belts that I've worn that end up being like an anchor weight around my waist. Also they are strong/durable enough to hold my extra mag case with a loaded magazine, my Raven's concealment holster, my heavy HK45c with a Surefire X300 on it and withstand me doing tons of speed drills holstering and unhosltering without loosening or dropping. Thank you so much for making such awesome belts!!!
    These experiences mirror my own. For all of the reasons stated above, the Volund Atlas is my favorite belt.

http://www.volundgearworks.com/

Site Supporter
    Still my first choice in a belt. I have two of these, a black one and tan one. Wear one or the other everyday unless I need to go with one of my leather belts.

I think I might give their ranger belt a try. My needs have changed a bit and I no longer thread anything through and instead use snaps. The stack height was still a concern but they have limited that as well.

I ordered a 1.75 with a cobra buckle on the 7th, got it on the 15th. I've said it elsewhere, but not here, if Matt's still sewing my money will keep going to him.
    OEF Vet
    Reading and Learning

User Tag List