Thread: Cominolli Glock Safety

Site Supporter

Cominolli Glock Safety

Long story short I really like my Glock 19, but carrying AIWB works really well for me. I wasn't comfortable carrying it AIWB, however, and I got tired of waiting on the gadget so I've been looking for alternatives.

I tried to research it on here, but the only information I could find was a post by DocGKR saying he used them with a custom "ledge" for lack of a better word. Knowing that meant he had at least wrung out the safety pretty well I decided to go for it. It is reversable but the small cut in the frame would remain.

It was $85 for the part, and $75 for installation. Took the gunsmith about 20 minutes, I waited while he did the work.

Initial dry fire impression is very positive. It is at the same height as the slide release so my left hand doesn't interfere, unlike the huge safety on my HK45C. Like many safeties besides the 1911 I can't really ride it with force, just rest my right thumb on top. It could click On/Off with more force, but there is enough *snick* and feedback. Travel is pretty short, but that keeps it from dropping down onto my other hand which is nice.

I lightly modified a JM Custom AIWB holster and carried it around the house for an evening without noticing a difference. Live fire impressions to follow.

PicsName:  image.jpg
Views: 2811
Size:  77.5 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  79.6 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  54.4 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  42.5 KB

Further reading here.
    #RESIST

Did you consider the LEM in your HK45C? Thumbing the hammer while re-holstering quickly becomes a very natural thing with that pistol; I carry IWB at 3:00, and do it without thinking now.

Unless, of course, you specifically want a manual safety lever. In that case, I'd agree that the V1 lever on the HK45C isn't the best…

Site Supporter
    I have considered the LEM, but I liked the idea of a manual safety and a single action trigger. I thought I just needed enough reps but really the long term solution for that gun will be LEM no safety.

User Tag List