Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Practical testing shows that the Walmart Ozark Trail Yeti cooler clone is better

Shouldn’t that have been done before they dropped the NRA Foundation?
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Shouldn’t that have been done before they dropped the NRA Foundation?

Again, I'm not affiliated with them but there's two sides to the story and this forum tends to be more fact based.
    Yeti really needs to make their statement ASAP...
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    They're working their ass off on a press release...
    With all the angst I've seen over the forums it better be a damn good one. It does appear that they've "Zumbo'd" themselves.

CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

And I saw this on Snopes (Yeah I know) which is what jives with what I overheard, "We spoke with a person with knowledge of this situation, who maintained that YETI in no way severed their business relationship with the NRA Foundation or any other NRA entity, and that the only thing YETI changed was an across-the-board “legacy” discount program that was not unique to the NRA. We have not yet received a response to a request for comment from the NRA-ILA."
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    That seems relatively straightforward to me.

I see no contradiction between this statement, and their dropping of the NRA. Now I am not a professional, but if I was a YETI brand strategy sort of person I would be aggressively throwing support at the Second Amendment Foundation, and throwing free gear/sponsorship at events with USPSA/ISPC, GSSF, IDPA, HiPower, ect.

Otherwise we have to admit that the 2nd amendment = the NRA, and with the potential shenanigans they are up to right now (combined with their hyper partisan ties) I am not comfortable giving up that ground. The pendulum will always swing the other way politically eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post
    That seems relatively straightforward to me.

I see no contradiction between this statement, and their dropping of the NRA. Now I am not a professional, but if I was a YETI brand strategy sort of person I would be aggressively throwing support at the Second Amendment Foundation, and throwing free gear/sponsorship at events with USPSA/ISPC, GSSF, IDPA, HiPower, ect.

Otherwise we have to admit that the 2nd amendment = the NRA, and with the potential shenanigans they are up to right now (combined with their hyper partisan ties) I am not comfortable giving up that ground. The pendulum will always swing the other way politically eventually...

I do not see the dropping of an old discount program and offering an alternative as, "their dropping of the NRA."

Discounts and incentives change all the time in business, it doesn't mean you're dropping all business ties.
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Given what’s been happening the past few months it might have been prudent to have handled the discontinuation of this promotional program with the NRA differently than it was with other vendors. Not saying it was necessary, just maybe prudent. [emoji4]

ETA: It might have also been prudent for the NRA to make sure it correctly understood what was going on prior to “releasing the hounds” — assuming that the info in the Yeti press release is accurate and not “spin”. Which, at this point, doesn’t really matter because the internet is going to think what the internet wants to think.
    Alas, the only thing that is going to help Yeti recover from brand damage dealt by the NRA is a mea culpa from the NRA, directly. A miscommunication of this magnitude makes both parties look bad. To my mind, the onus is on the NRA to either acknowledge it made a mistake or double down and release copies of the communications from Yeti supporting its claims.

My guess is, the NRA jumped the gun. Someone didn't get the right amount of ball cupping in an email communication and rather than get on the phone and figure shit out, they decided to jump on a 21st Century Mud-Slinging contest.

If anything, if I were a brand considering being associated with the NRA, this is the type of thing that would make me back off. "So, if we decide to change a policy and the NRA doesn't like the wording or tone, we're gonna get slandered and commit brand suicide. Maybe we should just stick to other groups."

This is where everything originated https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...nra-foundation

DATE: April 20, 2018
    TO: USF & NRA Member and Friends
    USF Executive Director
    NRA Past President

For years YETI Coolers have been a hot item for sportsmen at the Friends of NRA Foundation Banquet and Auction events around the country.

These Foundation events raise money to support youth programs and educational programs nationwide. The youth of America who benefit from these programs are the future hunters, hikers, fishermen/women, bikers, campers, wildlife photographers, mountain climbers, sportsmen/women and conservationists who will protect our natural resources and recreational lands.

Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why. They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation. That certainly isn't sportsmanlike. In fact, YETI should be ashamed. They have declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities. These activities enable them to appreciate America and enjoy our natural resources with wholesome and healthy
    outdoor recreational and educational programs.

The NRA Foundation is 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization.

In this day and age, information is power. We thought you needed this information.

https://www.yeti.com/contact-us.html

YETI
    CORPORATE OFFICE

7601 Southwest Parkway
    Austin, TX 78735
    1-512-394-9384
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

Given whom I know at the NRA (many folks on here know of whom I speak of), I sincerely doubt the NRA went off half cocked. I'm betting that Yeti really dropped the ball here.
    #RESIST

User Tag List