Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Practical testing shows that the Walmart Ozark Trail Yeti cooler clone is better

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I got the idea from a friend. I have a chest freezer upstairs. The bottom of it is lined with a layer of 2-liter soda bottles laid on their sides.
    Picked that up from a podcast I listen to. The "beer fridge" in the garage has a bunch of frozen water bottles in it to help act like thermal batteries in the event of a power outage.

Not like I'm concerned about power outages for long durations of time in South FL . . . [/s]

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I think I mentioned the cooler-cooler earlier in the thread and I was just filling it up so I thought I would post pics of my El cheapo solution:

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Necro-thread, but... Fuck Yeti.

YETI Drops NRA Foundation
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post

#BoycottYeti
    #RESIST

When we were in Florida working on Irma, we started out triple-bagging ice from the motel to keep water cold. I bought an Ozark Trails soft cooler, the thing worked great. There would still be ice in it in the AM. I'm hardly a Wally World fanboi, but this line of goods is the goods, so to speak.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Somehow, I've always managed to get by with such nonexotic coolers as Igloo Oscars and similar.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

As a recreational boater that may stay out for days at a time, I see a good ice chest as a worthwhile investment.

Regarding cheaper alternatives, I have tried almost all of them (other than RTIC.) While some of them hold ice almost as well, none of them have held up in physical construction nearly as well as my Yetis have. Saving a hundred bucks doesn’t always pay off depending on your use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post
    As a recreational boater that may stay out for days at a time, I see a good ice chest as a worthwhile investment.

Regarding cheaper alternatives, I have tried almost all of them (other than RTIC.) While some of them hold ice almost as well, none of them have held up in physical construction nearly as well as my Yetis have. Saving a hundred bucks doesn’t always pay off depending on your use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This. Boating in S Louisiana and FL made me appreciate the Yeti in the boat. Keeps ice for days and is the prefect standing, stepping, sitting platform.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post

Just an FYI, there's much more to the story so you may want to put the pitchforks down for now...

No CS Tactical does not sell Yeti but our sister company does.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Only if it gets told. Care to share?

They're working their ass off on a press release...
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

User Tag List