Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Practical testing shows that the Walmart Ozark Trail Yeti cooler clone is better

Interesting. I have a 5-gallon bucket that I got for free at Kroger. It held cake frosting.

And it's "Artic White" for snow ops, too!

BUT THIS ONE CAN HANDLE 300 POUNDS!

As if I've ever needed that feature in a bucket, ever.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    BUT THIS ONE CAN HANDLE 300 POUNDS!

As if I've ever needed that feature in a bucket, ever.
    Close as I can tell, a 5 gallon bucket of wheel weights weighs about 175 lbs. If the bucket hasnt been sitting out in the sun too much, regular buckets do OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Close as I can tell, a 5 gallon bucket of wheel weights weighs about 175 lbs. If the bucket hasnt been sitting out in the sun too much, regular buckets do OK.
    That, and if a bucket of something is heavy enough where I need to think for a split second if I'm going to throw something out lifting it I just use a wheelbarrow or two half filled buckets.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    That, and if a bucket of something is heavy enough where I need to think for a split second if I'm going to throw something out lifting it I just use a wheelbarrow or two half filled buckets.
    Semi-geezerdom and other things have made me appreciate 2 gallon buckets for many things. I still get other people to move 2 gallons worth of wheel weights though. Hand trucks are nice also.
    Last edited by Malamute; 07-02-2017 at 10:03 PM.

If something weighs 300 pounds, I pay somebody else to move it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    This is about right. Not sure what need there is for a Yeti bucket at all, other than for Yeti to sell. I won't knock that at all, I mean maybe I'm in the wrong for not looking at the generic bucket and seeing room to make it better. I'm sure they'll sell tons of them.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Bucket without a lid. I thought the whole point of using buckets was that you could put your crap in them and have it double as a stool when taking a breather. And if you put 300lbs in it you're going to need a lot of breathers.

Edited: If you're going to use your buckets on a boat, they usually float if there's a lid on them when they go over board. Methinks the people marketing and buying expensive buckets haven't actually spent much time on boats.
    Last edited by txdpd; 07-02-2017 at 11:25 PM.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Bought two Ozark trail directors chairs the other day. The wallyworld had several coolers too.

These chairs worked great, I may pickup the cooler when it goes on sale in the winter.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Bought two Ozark trail directors chairs the other day. The wallyworld had several coolers too.

These chairs worked great, I may pickup the cooler when it goes on sale in the winter.
    Picked up a 26qt ozark hard cooler today after a cheapy one I had died out on me. Good size for a family day trip or about 24 bottles of your favorite IPA.

It was $78 at my local evil-mart, also picked up some 9mm ammo to test in that new gen5 I'll have to vet.

Last time I checked the price of these they were $98. These went down in price by the 50ish-quart went down in price to $140ish.

Will be using it tomorrow, will report.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List