Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Practical testing shows that the Walmart Ozark Trail Yeti cooler clone is better

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I never thought of that. If anyone should know about fridges running on 12V I should. We had an RV for 5 years and a good part of the time the fridge was running on 12V. My 4R has both AC and DC receptacles in the cargo area. I'm sure a lot of new 4WD vehicles are equipped with those.

I just use the old Coleman metal coolers and get by. A block of ice will last for days in one of those.

I don't have any tats or stickers on my 4R. I don't own any Browning firearms either. Self identity must be a bitch for younger generations.
    The ones Ive seen are about the size of a medium/largish cooler, top opening, but with thicker walls (reduced internal capacity), they are powered to stay cool. Some may freeze also, but Im not familiar with the current variants. They can be moved around as needed, moved to a table for ease of use when cooking etc.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Cooler security is a thing.

Attachment 19373
    That is all kinds of jacked up.

My in-laws have a Igloo 12V cooler. It's the shit for the truck or the boat. When you put food in it, all your stuff isn't soggy. I don't mind ice for drinks though. My father in-law wired in a few 12V receptacles into his RV so he could put two of those coolers on the floor while traveling. Much more food capacity than his fridge in the RV. The uncle ghetto rigged a pair of 12V receptacles into his 7-way plug in the bed of his truck to haul his 12V coolers around. They've only had them for a year, so I don't know what kind of longevity they will have.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I've got one of those tumblers that I use for taking coffee to work. I've found if I rinse it out with a bit of near-boiling water, fill it up with that water, then dump it out when the coffee's ready, that the tumble will keep the coffee hot for a few hours.

(I heat up a pint of water in a pyrex measuring cup in the microwave. Works pisser.)
    I've been doing the same for years. Works for the old glass thermos bottles too so you can tell how long I've been doing it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    That is all kinds of jacked up.
    Mayberry was never real. My mamma didn’t raise no fool.

User Tag List