Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Practical testing shows that the Walmart Ozark Trail Yeti cooler clone is better

Practical testing shows that the Walmart Ozark Trail Yeti cooler clone is better

Last edited by LittleLebowski; 06-30-2017 at 02:14 PM.
    #RESIST

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Hopefully all the coolers were stored in the same condition before the test, one thing people do not realize is that those types of coolers also store heat pretty well. There were some customers that were storing their Yeti's in the garage where it can be well over 100+ in the garage and complained about their ice melting much quicker than what we experience. We'll typically tell people that the best thing to do for the best results is to bring the cooler into the home the day before if it's cooler than the garage and if possible load it up with ice the night before to pre-cool than dump it out before putting the ice that they are using in. That technique should work for similar coolers as well YMMV
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

*shutupandtakemymoney.meme*
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Practical testing shows that the Walmart Ozark Trail Yeti cooler clone is better

My wife has a little side hustle decorating the stainless tumblers with vinyl designs and paint/epoxy. I've gotten funny looks buying 20 ozark trail mugs at a time at Walmart.

Re: performance of the tumblers, they are all
    Impressive at how well they work, but the utility of a cup that holds ice for 24hr+ is much less important than its ice chest counterpart. If you need to go 24 hours on one cup of water you're going to want that ice to melt so you can drink it.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 06-30-2017 at 06:50 PM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I will prolly get an Ozark Trail one sooner or later. I don't get putting a Yeti cooler sticker on your truck. #LebowskiThoughts
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 06-30-2017 at 06:49 PM.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I could not justify the YETI so I went with RTIC. So far so good.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I've got one of those tumblers that I use for taking coffee to work. I've found if I rinse it out with a bit of near-boiling water, fill it up with that water, then dump it out when the coffee's ready, that the tumble will keep the coffee hot for a few hours.

(I heat up a pint of water in a pyrex measuring cup in the microwave. Works pisser.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I've got one of those tumblers that I use for taking coffee to work. I've found if I rinse it out with a bit of near-boiling water, fill it up with that water, then dump it out when the coffee's ready, that the tumble will keep the coffee hot for a few hours.

(I heat up a pint of water in a pyrex measuring cup in the microwave. Works pisser.)
    We have the "hot water tap" at work (for making tea or stuff, piped straight out of the industrial coffee pot) and i always rinse my cups in it before adding coffee. Yeti-type or regular mug, it helps to have some heat that the cup doesn't have to suck out of the coffee.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I will prolly get an Ozark Trail one sooner or later. I don't get putting a Yeti cooler sticker on your truck. #LebowskiThoughts
    If I drive by a wally world I'm gana get one.

Not because I need one but because you suck.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Can somebody explain the recent fascination / craze about coolers? Ice is so cheap to buy or make that I don't get what's wrong with the old $15 ones you could buy at Wal-Mart. (Maybe you still can, but my old $15 one keeps doing it's thing, 20 years later, so why change?). Yet now it seems like everybody I know is spending hundreds of bucks on coolers. I truly Do Not Understand What Is Going On. Is it global warming? Or just another First World "problem?"
    Last edited by Welder; 06-30-2017 at 11:18 PM.

User Tag List