Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Photobucket is INSANE

PostImage is a good free alternative for putting up images here. (And you don't have to sign up for an account.)

I use it quite a bit and VirusTotal has always rated it as a clean site whenever I've checked.
    Last edited by blues; 06-30-2017 at 09:09 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

you could upgrade your home connection to a static IP address for a couple extra bucks a month, or use a dynamic DNS service to redirect when your IP changes.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

You get 11 gigs free with google, as was stated....you probably can't fill up easily and if you can it's not expensive for another 100gb.

Just remember it's a cloud so don't put anything up there you don't want out in the world...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I think photobucket is a bit crazy. They took a pretty decent, reasonably user friendly service, and several years ago, "improved" it to the point it worked much less effectively, and not nearly as simple and functional. They made many people using it for commercial uses pay for their service, OK, that's not unreasonable,...only the new service they had to pay for didn't function correctly, was very slow, not easy to use, and many many people felt cheated by the whole thing. In the intervening several years, their site has gotten slower, more clogged with ads, and harder to load pictures into your albums. They did fix a few complaints from the big change a few years ago, but overall the site doesn't work as well as it did before they changed it.

Ive been pretty tired of how slow it is, the problems logging on or loading pics, and how it locks up my computer for some times. After salvaging some pictures that will be easier to access there then finding them in my cards and flash drives, I'll probably dump my account there. I agree, they are probably headed for the junk heap, and with their history of callous customer relations and very poor service, I cant say I have the slightest bit of sympathy for them.

Its probably not unreasonable to charge for a good service, though in the market of online photo hosting, its not going to work well with so many decent free services available. In photobuckets case, they seem determined to continually degrade the service, and charge vastly inflated prices for a really badly performing product at this point.
    Last edited by Malamute; 06-30-2017 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I bet 99 out of 100 people can't properly link an image hosted in their Google Photos account into a vBulletin based forum like PF.

Just did for the fun of it
    ....some forums don't accept the link though because it does not have a proper file name.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    It is mich appreciated. It is extremely annoying to dig up old threads with images people are referencing and have no idea what they are talking about.
    I agree I hate posts where the little box appears where the image should be.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Make that 100 out of 100. That photo is not hosted on Google Photos:

[URL="http://www.vdmsr.com/2017/06/give-me-liberty-or-give-me-death.html"][img]https://4.bp.blogspot.com/x2pyB5Y42RQUYPWeS3RO-NWGRV1TB0alJhWouPjEvVTEUkDneyg9Ja02ebUDCI2uooYvdC-ssCUA7PRLKQxGUsZ2lV6HX7ErbYoujJJe8J_w7pn092VSYivBD iaqV9ptUWIFU03hkc3PBjrS0coGKhKV-E5QxD9xWDd6YnLgz_9AD4aSoVEypaGcEJ1C55HxoneDntePcxB JDrxxSlRb6xa1tjJBPFAPA1s0U9zqymAT5MV34KeNDR0DuSUNu 9kP8Dy5ETpvz8zDKI5VHkqAV6HOLngRh224Oih--xTimptg2ca3nhvNQoxgupBsXLD9xsFMaQ1PmxJIjRDb6EXDhmk 3P3wzILBB2jjOZSOFiRjlXx-K10G6vKC_v8VRl25Xcorf88RHLuWirhlb209Of_HsKMMXSoroB rbdj-75NePC_AR8lrD-BYzpjAJ2243H6tlPG1eXkKkvlFcTt5UbCkOkITbVdxPwboEQDM GjyegijAFpjNX5GNhVtFLJra0cF8t72VUMASFmAwtLxlLhPwMQ bV6VV2LlOFLM9_1YmcNbcjv5WjIgBi_CEY-1PAfxgQcjE9PXSBx7-qMQhRVeRPXIaKK6zoKuUHkqFCqcNXKu6iYtBMTX=w1079-h800-no[/img][/URL]

I don't know what kind of stuff Google does, but that photo is most certainly hosted on photos.google.com as that is where I uploaded it to and where I copied the link from.

VDMSR.com

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    $400 a year for this is insane to me, do you think that's a good price and do you think that's a good price to announce with zero warning?
    That's damn near a training class, 3,333 rounds of 9mm or roughly 2K rounds of reloaded 300blk. I can do a lot with both of those. I'm going to side with insane on this one. Tom, thanks for making it easy for the rest of us #poorfag.
    Last edited by Mike C; 06-30-2017 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Or just use imgur....which is free...

Make an account, change settings to have all images hidden by default.
    This, I switched long ago.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

I bet 99 out of 100 people can't properly link an image hosted in their Google Photos account into a vBulletin based forum like PF.
    I wish I had read this last night before I switched all my photos to Google Photos last night. I didn't realize it would be an ordeal to post pictures from there.

User Tag List