Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Photobucket is INSANE

Site Supporter
    Did you two not have local copies of your files already? The files I uploaded to PB were originally stored locally, with COPIES uploaded to PB. When PB decided to pull an HK, I just deleted everything in PB and closed my account. No need to save anything there...

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    When PB decided to pull an HK, I just deleted everything in PB and closed my account. No need to save anything there...
    I kept my account, but don’t use it. Switched to Imgur.

I figured if I leave the PB account alone, and they lose so much business that they reverse their position, old links may work again. But I’ll never go back...

It must have been a glitch yesterday. I just re visited PB and can now access and save the pics it would not even let me see yesterday.
    Last edited by Rich@CCC; 11-27-2017 at 08:32 AM.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

I just tried a new replacement for pb and it seems cool so far. This is called post image, is free, and has links etc...that you can copy to post to forums. It also lets you upload to whatever size is convenient for your uses. Just did the test run in my training journal and it worked so far. Possible nice option for those that don't want to upload to this site directly or simply need pictures at various sites.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I appears that PB recently stopped blocking links on pictures posted as 3rd party links in the past. If people delete their accounts, then their pics are gone in all their old posts, if you leave the account alone, at least they still show, you can get some other hosting service to use for new pics.

Not promoting PB, just saying, everyone complained about them when they broke the old 3rd party links, now that they unlocked the old links, if you delete the account, it essentially does what everyone complained about PB doing. Many of the old pictures were part of excellent tutorials of various types, or just plain interesting stuff.

The rumors are the person in charge when they locked old links and charged insane amounts for 3rd party hosting has been removed. https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/threa...e-back.225358/

The new plan is about $3 or $4 a month I think to have 3rd party hosting on new postings, the old pics will be allowed to remain without charge for 3rd party hosting, at least for now. Time will tell if that changes. I have no desire to put new pics on their site or pay them, but will leave the ond ones since they show up again.
    Last edited by Malamute; 06-17-2018 at 09:38 AM.

They're definitely backpedaling, seeing that they lost many of their users due to the whole "pay-us-first" fiasco which began last year.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryTrenton View Post
    They're definitely backpedaling, seeing that they lost many of their users due to the whole "pay-us-first" fiasco which began last year.
    I suspect they're not doing too terribly well given how sharply they dropped the pricing.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Oh well, that's business. I have no reason to go back, everything I had on there I downloaded off.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List