Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Fuck Up & Move Up"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Check those nails out.

Bet she could definitely shoot a sub 4 second FAST with those.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    That's why the M9 had to be replaced, can't shoot it with extra long finger nails.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Check those nails out.

Bet she could definitely shoot a sub 4 second FAST with those.
    Shit, SPD chief Kerlikowske had his city-owned Glock 26 stolen out of his city car, and he got promoted to Obama's Drug Czar.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Shit, SPD chief Kerlikowske had his city-owned Glock 26 stolen out of his city car, and he got promoted to Obama's Drug Czar.
    Not even remotely surprised.

We had an Lt at the time load her bullets backwards.

She's a Deputy Commissioner now.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

You all are making me think of a postal friend, who has a boss that was an incompetent carrier, so he was promoted. They also had a boss that was superanal and rush, rush, rush, who was promoted, and one that got a local carrier killed (heat stroke, first day back from heart surgery and he called and asked to be relieved) and he was promoted to another area.

It permeates all agencies, here's a picture of the #2 man of a large Sheriffs Office in Texas during an disciplinary hearing. He's the one who will decide punishment, I think this was a use of force hearing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All so far are classic examples, but when you have a few minutes, read all about Suffolk County's infamous Jimmy Burke..... http://www.newsday.com/long-island/c...ell-1.13583616 , including the "through the years" side post.
    Last edited by Det1397; 07-01-2017 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    All so far are classic examples, but when you have a few minutes, read all about Suffolk County's infamous Jimmy Burke..... http://www.newsday.com/long-island/c...ell-1.13583616 , including the "through the years" side post.
    When I read Jimmy Burke, I was thinking of the late "Jimmy The Gent" a wiseguy portrayed by DeNiro in "Goodfellas". (I sat in on a couple of his trials, including the Boston College point shaving case back in the early 80's. He was famous for the Lufthansa heist at JFK.)

Having gone to college in Suffolk Co. and had buddies in the DA's office, your Burke isn't too much of a surprise though a real piece of work, to say the least.

Is the old St. James General Store still around or has that gone the way of the dodo?
    Last edited by blues; 07-01-2017 at 08:34 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Wow, I wish I could go into specifics. Here are a couple I can tell though.

SGT wrecks his G ride while drunk. Promoted to LT within a week.

LT in charge of prisoner extraditions charges all airline tickets on his personal credit card for the bonus points. Uses County funds to reimburse his credit card. Uses the points for multiple free airline tickets to Europe and some "free" vacation packages. Gets caught and promoted to CPT.

Multiple supervisors who get complaints of creating hostile work environment, sexual harassment, drinking on duty, padding time sheets. Complaints are found true. Supervisors get promoted and sent to new divisions.

Things like this happen to one degree or another at every agency I have worked with. Some are more blatant about it, some are not. It all depends on how the command staff likes them whether they get disciplined or promoted.

I know one person who openly jokes about being the poster child for "fuck up-move up"...........

LSP recently had a Superintendent leave in disgrace. His entire career was spent basically as a PIO and PIO supervisor. We knew he was destined for great things when he made Sgt. In 2 1/2 years. To think working troopers actually made fun of him taking the then Superintendent's clothes to the cleaners and kids to school.....he showed us.

During that time it was pretty much unheard of someone making Sgt. with less than 10, and that was unusual. Took me 12 in Investigations....short bus material

User Tag List