Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1911 duty rig setups?

Site Supporter
    Also, please do yourself a favor, and put about 1000 rounds through your 1911 without cleaning it. This is my rule for all new guns, and 1911s are more finicky during break in than most other pistols. The thousand rounds allows you to practice your manipulations and will give you a chance to see how the gun runs. You can also work draws with new holsters, reloads, etc. While I don't have a set number of how many malfunctions are acceptable during this drill, I would not like to see any in the last 500 rounds. One of my officers ignored this advice and showed up to qualify with a pistol (an XD, not a 1911) with less than 100 rounds through it, and 15 rounds into the qual something broke inside, and it had to go back to SA to get repaired.

I also like the quick release that Coyotes fan has on his, getting one for mine next week. I teach with an issue M&P, and am carrying a Glock. I also like that when I go to the jail I can snap off the whole holster to secure my gun. I have a small need to swap holsters and pistols back and forth based on assignments, and duties for the day. I could do three transition classes in a month for the issue M&P, and carry my glock the rest of the days. I can also see running my gear on a vest for callouts, should canine be in my future.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    OP, which WC 1911 are you fixin' to carry?
    or Guncrafter no name

Good advice above on breaking in a pistol. Last qual range we had back up qual as well, guy beside me had a new Glock 43, coming to qual with only two Mags fired, it was ugly, had an issue every 4 rounds fired. We are still making fun of "that guy".
    Last edited by awmp; 07-28-2017 at 06:31 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    or Guncrafter no name

Good advice above on breaking in a pistol. Last qual range we had back up qual as well, guy beside me had a new Glock 43, coming to qual with only two Mags fired, it was ugly, had an issue every 4 rounds fired. We are still making fun of "that guy".
    Awesome avatar!

User Tag List