Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger AR issues...

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Rugers do not have a warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger's website
    Why No Warranty Card Has Been Packed With Your New Ruger® Firearm?
    The Magnuson-Moss Act (Public Law 93-637) does not require any seller or manufacturer of a consumer product to give a written warranty. It does provide that if a written warranty is given, it must be designated as "limited" or as "full" and sets minimum standards for a "full" warranty. Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. has elected not to provide any written warranty, either "limited" or "full", rather than to attempt to comply with the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Act and the regulations issued thereunder. There are certain implied warranties under state law with respect to sales of consumer goods. As the extent and interpretation of these implied warranties varies from state to state, you should refer to your state statutes. Sturm, Ruger & Company wishes to assure its customers of its continued interest in providing service to owners of Ruger® firearms.
    On the upside, having dealt professionally with the service departments of numerous firearms manufacturers, Ruger's is among the best to deal with.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I'd still recommend calling Ruger.
    #RESIST

Ruger technically doesn't have a warranty, but they fix their shit if it breaks and they would have fixed his gun if he'd sent it in. I had a GP100 built in 1989 that left the factory with a defect. When I got it and noticed the issue I called Ruger and they payed shipping both ways, replaced the barrel at no charge, and threw in a set of Wiley Clapp grips to replace my cracked Lett grips this was 2014 I think. I had one time where a P345 broke and the customer service agent effed up and had me send in the gun on my dime. I bitched to corporate and they said they would have sent me a shipping label. I think they sent me some swag or whatever but that was my worst experience with them.

Another AR-556 issue I just found, figured it might as well go in this thread: Firing pin on my sample can not be installed if the cam pin is backwards. I didn't think there was a front and back to the cam pin, is this normal and I'm just an idiot and never noticed before?
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Never really noticed a "front or back" to the cam pin... unless I am totally brain farting...
    overall, I am "Meh" on the Ruger AR. But I would take it over a DPMS or Bushy any day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

I wouldn't buy a used gun from that guy.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I dunno. I had the infamous issues inherent with the first generation Ruger Vaquero 44-40 when purchased brand new. Ruger was quite obviously not at all interested in making the cylinder/barrel mismatch that these early incarnations had right with me. I became disgusted with them and the gun has remained a costly paper weight ever since. Needless to say, I don't have a high opinion of their customer service. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Another AR-556 issue I just found, figured it might as well go in this thread: Firing pin on my sample can not be installed if the cam pin is backwards. I didn't think there was a front and back to the cam pin, is this normal and I'm just an idiot and never noticed before?
    Do you mean bolt rotation? If so, yes an in-spec bolt is taper reamed so that the cam pin can only be inserted with the bolt in the proper orientation (extraxtor to the ejection port.) If you mean literally the direction you have to twist the cam pin once in the BCG, then no, that's weird.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Nope, literally the orientation of the cam pin as it sits in the BCG. Oddly, when the cam pin is removed from the bolt the FP fits through either side just fine but when I put the cam pin in the bolt (not installed in the carrier) the FP will then only fit in one way. Pretty goofy. Maybe even goofier than the AR-556 I got in that left the factory without a bolt catch pin
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelS. View Post
    I dunno. I had the infamous issues inherent with the first generation Ruger Vaquero 44-40 when purchased brand new. Ruger was quite obviously not at all interested in making the cylinder/barrel mismatch that these early incarnations had right with me. I became disgusted with them and the gun has remained a costly paper weight ever since. Needless to say, I don't have a high opinion of their customer service. YMMV.
    Are the chamber mouths too big or too small? If too small, you can send the cylinder out to one of many small shops and have them reamed out for about $50. Although Ruger should have taken care of it, you can at least turn a paperweight into a good revolver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List