Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: THIS Will Get Cops Killed on the Streets

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    Having been a lowly swabby, I can't speak for the Marines.

If a LE begins a watch without the mindset that he's going to prevail and survive that day to go home to his family, he should probably find another line of work.

Whether it should be properly attributed to George Orwell or Winston Churchill, I believe it's a true today as ever: “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”

The community is not "served" by police who are afraid to confront violence, prevail and survive.

That's my opinion, and yes, I know what that's worth.
    Considering police mortality rates are lower than starbucks barristas, this is a saddening view.
    I ran into more than one LA PoPo with this mentality, and the PoPo where hated there at that time. I don't know how it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Considering police mortality rates are lower than starbucks barristas, this is a saddening view.
    I ran into more than one LA PoPo with this mentality, and the PoPo where hated there at that time. I don't know how it is now.
    That "mentality" is exactly what has been attributed as lowering the mortality to current rates, compared to the 1970s when officers were not widely trained on mental preparedness and the mortality was higher.

The PoPo is hated pretty much everywhere, dude. Police are enforcing the will of the government on persons.....by design, that doesn't necessarily make you friends with everyone.

Tell you what....when you're with your partner balancing your duties to enforce law with the fact that you're subject to be encircled by 8 dudes all wearing the same color of clothing and suspiciously holding up their pants in the appendix position, feel free to share your opinion. Until then, maybe go fuck yourself. My wife, nor any of the family members of any LEO, owe our lives as tribute to you simply because your "feels" are at odds with what keeps LEOs alive.
    Last edited by TGS; 06-29-2017 at 01:59 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Tell you what....when you're with your partner balancing your duties to enforce law with the fact that you're subject to be encircled by 8 dudes all wearing the same color of clothing and suspiciously holding up their pants in the appendix position, feel free to share your opinion. Until then, maybe go fuck yourself. My wife, nor any of the family members of any LEO, owe our lives as tribute to you simply because your "feels" are at odds with what keeps LEOs alive.
    Interesting post. Reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Interesting post. Reported.
    Report received. This is the LEO forum. Read this.
    #RESIST

User Tag List