Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFI: CS-1 686

RFI: CS-1 686

A buddy who is an FFL sent me this picture of a CS-1 686 that he is selling on consignment. In good shape, but wondering value so I know what to pay for it He his giving me first shot at it, and a U.S. Treasury marked Model 15.

Name:  IMG_2445.JPG
Views: 860
Size:  76.6 KB

Here is probably the best info you will find on them:

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-rev...86-cs-1-a.html

The 4" versions aren't as desirable as the 3", but they're still sought after. And those aren't the original grips.

I bought mine, a 3" model, earlier this year or late last year, I can't remember. It was in like-new condition, with the 2M stamp, and had the box, which is pretty rare. I paid $1500 and felt like I got a deal (the 3" CS-1 was a grail gun for me). They continue to go up in price, some over $2000.

ETA: The grips could actually be original. Those grips were put on overrun guns that were sent directly to distributors.
    Last edited by TC215; 06-28-2017 at 10:02 PM.

The last 4" I saw locally went for $700.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    Those are the grips on mine when I bought it new from a LGS back in the 80s. I bought a second one that was "factory" refurbished as a used gun. They are great shooters

I am thinking it may be a factory overrun. They came with those grips too from what I can find out.

Never carried a CS-1 but worked with a lot of Inspectors in South FL who supported our cases who did. (Mostly CET guys.)

Now, a Treasury issued 2" Model 15 is one I did carry for four years between 1983 and 1987 (with a Model 36 as back up).

Good luck. I hope they turn out to be great guns for you.
    Last edited by blues; 06-30-2017 at 08:00 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Oh, I missed the Mod 15. It was too nice to shoot anyway. Going to let the CS-1 sit for a while and see what happens. Might be able to talk him down

If it was an issued gun then those aren't the original grips. The original grips will be rubber pachmyer with a window at the bottom that allows you to see the serial number.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    If it was an issued gun then those aren't the original grips. The original grips will be rubber pachmyer with a window at the bottom that allows you to see the serial number.
    Mine is a BNIB 3" with the RB Packmayr grips. Purchased at an LGS sometime in the 80's for like $369... Came in an original factory blue box with the latest factory upgrades.
    Last edited by Det1397; 07-01-2017 at 07:58 AM.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    The 3" CS-1 gives me all the feels.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List